White Orpington Bantams

• 12 Replies

PagesPoultry

White Orpington Bantams
« on: January 04, 2009, 19:37 »
Does anyone out there breed white orpington bantams and if so would I be able to buy some eggs from you?

I have been collecting all the colours of orpingtons for some time now but I am having trouble trying to find this one. Can anyone help?

Foxy

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 20:07 »
I vaguely remember someone mentioning them at the Fed -will ask around for you, they would be very rare -do you keep bantam orps then? :D

PagesPoultry

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 20:20 »
Hi Foxy,

I have Blue, Black and Buff in bantam and the following in LF - Black, Buff, White, Blue, Gold Laced, Partridge, Lavender, cuckoo, Crele, splash, silver laced, blue partride, lemon cuckoo and jubilee.

As you can see I have been busy collecting and hope to start showing very shortly.

If anyone has colours that are not listed above I would be really interested.

Cheers

Foxy

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 21:09 »
wow PP, what a super collection, with white you could a lot!
I have only buff and black, but would love chocolate!

raeburg

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 21:13 »
If you ever have any spare lemon cuckoo or gold laced or jubilee hatching eggs I'd love some!!  Sorry for being cheeky.  Do you have a good way of identifying male and female orps?  I've got 5 young buffs and don't know what they are (aged 12 and 8 weeks).  Thanks

Rae

PagesPoultry

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 21:35 »
Rae,

Orpington's aren't the easiest to sex, the combs will be slightly bigger on the cockerels, the females don't look like they have one at that age. Another way is the tail feathers, the females are rounded where as the males are more pointed. I do sell hatching eggs in season so let me know if you want some of those colours.

Foxy,

Just bought the chocolate orpington bantam eggs on ebay so you never know if they hatch I might be able to help you out one day! By the way, love the look of your faverolles on your site!!!

WR1

• Experienced Member
White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 21:39 »
:shock:  :shock: Picss please they sound gawjusss .

Catii
What came first the chicken or the egg ???

What do you put in the toaster ?

PagesPoultry

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 21:46 »
Bit of a novice to this so haven't a clue how to add pictures. I have a website that is still being built but a lot of the Orpington's are on there. www.pagespoultry.co.uk
I am selling off most of the other breeds so I can really concentrate on the Orp's, can't wait to get showing.

WR1

• Experienced Member
White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 21:49 »
:D    what colours of Polands have you got ? We got a pair of black  ones and they are gorgeous but no eggs  :cry:

Catii

Foxy

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 21:53 »
Quote from: "PagesPoultry"
Rae,

Orpington's aren't the easiest to sex, the combs will be slightly bigger on the cockerels, the females don't look like they have one at that age. Another way is the tail feathers, the females are rounded where as the males are more pointed. I do sell hatching eggs in season so let me know if you want some of those colours.

Foxy,

Just bought the chocolate orpington bantam eggs on ebay so you never know if they hatch I might be able to help you out one day! By the way, love the look of your faverolles on your site!!!

OMG!!! I know who breeds them -top notch, now I am incredibly jealous :D  :D
Hatching eggs from my birds are free to forumers -I only ask for postage to be covered.
I am working on my buffs now entered the fed and although wasnt carded showed great promise! :wink:

babe

• elvis king of chooks
White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 22:05 »
Quote from: "PagesPoultry"

I am selling off most of the other breeds.

any poland girlies. my tufty is desperate for a girlfriend, he's running my frizzle ragged

PagesPoultry

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 22:06 »
Well done Foxy!! I have to say I am very nervous about my first show, I am going to the High Peak Bantam show next month. I have got to do my first one sometime!!

Foxy

White Orpington Bantams
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 22:16 »
Good luck!  :D

I find showing a bit nerve-wracking but you get so much advice from the experts, I couldn't believe how helpful people were! :D

xx
Wet Orpington

Started by landrover56 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 09, 2012, 08:59
by Yorkie
xx
Looking for an Orpington trio

Started by Dvd030 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 08, 2009, 15:40
by Dvd030
xx
broody orpington

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 14, 2013, 13:09
by sussexchook
xx
bantam orpington

Started by katey on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 01, 2011, 13:12
by katey

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 39 queries.