Sweet or Savoury?

• 18 Replies

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Sweet or Savoury?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 21:06 »
Despite being an unsavoury character I don't have a sweet tooth either, which makes me a very lean orangutan indeed (yeah, I wish!  :wacko:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 08:48 »
 :lol:

It is true that veering towards the savoury does not spare you the calories.  I must say though we have some odd stuff at work.  I could usually work my way through the range with no problem, but one of our offerings is a chicken and noodle lollipop thing.  It is not the most attractive buffet item I have seen  :wacko:

I did once go to a do at a working mans club when I lived in Sheffield.  It was a wedding anniversary for a work friend and they had picked their favourite items, which included fried black pudding bits on a stick and a huge plate of whelks.  It was a bit of a culture shock for a softie southern lass like me  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2019, 17:11 »
My basket in Iceland told the tale.   2 x boxes of mince pies with a crumble top (had to get 2, on special offer)
A small oblong Christmas cake, with icing on the top.    2 individual Tiramisu, so bought 4 because the date stamp is until mid January.   2 packets of sultana scones, that's 8 in total.    I always have scones in the freezer.  I just don't know what to try first  :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet ( but I still weigh in every morning and will correct the days intake if I am more than my 8st 2lbs)

Have just tried the Iceland Mince-pie.    Couldn't find any mincemeat.     Don't bother with them !!  But I have now got eleven left if you want to come and try  ::) ::)   
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 09:21 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wighty

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2019, 18:14 »
I love Eccles cakes so why don't I like mince pies,   otherwise I'd help you out!  Can't help with the scones as they contain milk (usually).  So I'll take a raincheck on this invitation.  :nowink:

xx
Saw something sweet today

Started by azubah on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post September 25, 2017, 11:53
by mumofstig
xx
sweet onions

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post February 06, 2019, 20:23
by Yorkie
xx
Nearly sweet corned and tomatoed out...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post September 10, 2018, 18:26
by Growster...
xx
Sweet corn skewers.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post August 29, 2023, 10:08
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 45 queries.