New allotment act?

• 16 Replies

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Re: New allotment act?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 23:14 »
Thanks guys, some really good suggestions and advice in there.

I did google it and looked at various legislative pages before posting my question on here as I couldn't find it there either, but thought that you guys would know! :lol:

I'm on an association run council site.  Basically, a few years ago, tired of having responsibility for allotments, Durham County Council handed control over to Associations made up of allotmenteers and once a month the Clerk to the Parish Council was supposed to attend the monthly allotment association meetings and then report back to the Parish Council, however he wasn't interested and sent a lackey instead who, despite issues being discussed and questions for the Council raised, never reported anything!!! :ohmy:

I'll get in touch with the council tomorrow and see what I can find out.... watch this space :wink:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: New allotment act?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 17:52 »
Just to make things clear, I was only making a factual point - that there is no new Allotment Bill or Allotment Act in the pipeline, according to the public information available.  Nothing more.

I realise that  :)

I was just saying to SS that simply searching on legislation.gov.uk wouldn't necessarily reveal amendments to the law in a new Allotments Act, given the penchant of governments of late to pass massive Bills with catch-all titles and multiple Chapter headings, any of which might include a single clause relating to allotments  :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
New allotment

Started by ians68 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 04, 2010, 23:07
by Steve.B
clip
Allotment

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 15:30
by ches
xx
first day on allotment

Started by countrygardener on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 00:47
by deannatrois
xx
New Allotment

Started by RsT on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 12, 2012, 09:44
by fuzzy

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 37 queries.