Organic garden catalogue

• 2 Replies

Eightball

• Experienced Member
    • My YouTube Channel
Organic garden catalogue
« on: January 30, 2018, 22:29 »
I've ordered quite a few times from them in the past and have been mostly happy with the seed/bulbs however I ordered my garlic from them on the 8th January and they still haven't arrived. I reached out to them to find out what was going on and was told:

"Thank you for your email.

At the end of December there was a change of ownership and as a result the seed division of Chase Organics is now owned by Dobies. Since 1894 Dobies (part of SCP Ltd) have been supplying everything for the keen gardener. Dobies have always provided a quality offer at a "Down to Earth" price, and we are really excited to now be running The Organic Catalogue.

As part of this new arrangement Dobies have acquired Chase Organic Seeds and the associated stock and supplier relationships. So, you shouldn't notice a difference in your orders apart from they will be coming from Dobies. We are already working on some fantastic new products for later in the year.

As you can imagine the transfer of stock, systems, etc is not a simple process however it is almost complete. We expect to able to start dispatching orders later this week and so yours should be delivered by the end of next.

I'm sorry for this delay and hope that it will not cause any inconvenience. Please be assured that future orders will be handled in a very timely manner. "

This was 10 days ago and I still haven't received anything (been waiting over 3 weeks now). Anyone else had issues recently? Just thought people might want to know if they were planning on ordering stuff and needed it ASAP. Nothing against the company and i'm sure they will get there sh*t together eventually.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Organic garden catalogue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 00:28 »
Actually that's reminded me, When I did my seed order a while back Dobies didn't send one of my seed packs (on hold) and subsequently haven't replied to my follow up email. Might be time to send one of my angry emails...

arh

Re: Organic garden catalogue
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 07:48 »
Thank you Eightball, now that is exactly what this forum is all about, timely advice about all manner of things to do with gardening/allotmenteering. Good or bad. I'm not inferring that this advice is bad, just that it's advice that it would be hard to obtain one-self.

xx
To join HDRA (Garden Organic or Not)

Started by Christine on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post December 18, 2010, 23:23
by TheSpartacat
xx
Advice on starting an organic school garden?

Started by veggienut on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post October 12, 2007, 15:57
by Esme
xx
New Catalogue

Started by seedman on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post January 01, 2012, 14:12
by Yorkie
xx
seed companys/catalogue

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post July 24, 2010, 14:36
by DD.

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 38 queries.