Musical Perches

• 5 Replies

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
Musical Perches
« on: December 28, 2010, 17:19 »
My girls are currently varying where they sleep.

Mostly they all hop into the coop and find somewhere - never the same place - to settle down for the night. Occasionally, I'll find them tucked up in the bunny hutch and have to carry them (in a state of passive resistance) into the coop. At other times one or two girls - not always the same chicken(s) - will settle down in the hutch and glare malevolently as I relocate them to the coop.

Oh, in line with another post they are trashing the coop and the hutch, but appear to have more fun in the hutch. They also vary where they lay. In the summer when everything was outdoors they used to sleep in the coop (nestbox) and lay in the hutch.

Is something up?

Or are they simply being chickens and, (I tremble as I type this bit,) I haven't been trained properly yet?  :unsure:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Musical Perches
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 08:10 »
That will be the last option Pertelotte  :lol:  They are just testing you  ;)

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 13:33 »
I guess I'll just have to learn my place!

jinty1911

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 15:22 »
My girls love the rabbit hutches.  It's the 1st place they head for every morning.  If one of the rabbits is out in the garden, the 3 chicks are straight in the empty hutch and poor rabbit gets chased if it wants back in.  It's a case of the grass is greener and they prefer the rabbit food to theirs.  :tongue2:
Jinty

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 16:27 »
My girls love the rabbit hutches.  It's the 1st place they head for every morning.  If one of the rabbits is out in the garden, the 3 chicks are straight in the empty hutch and poor rabbit gets chased if it wants back in.  It's a case of the grass is greener and they prefer the rabbit food to theirs.  :tongue2:
Jinty

I don't feel so alone! My girls are also partial to Go Cat, if they can sneak inside, and it drives the cat bananas.

i guess I'll just have to get another hutch.

jinty1911

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 19:48 »
I tried giving mine cat food when I felt they were a bit skinny with all their broody nonsense but they didnt touch it.  Was expensive Goumet stuff and the dog didnt eat it either, but then she is very fussy LOL  :tongue2:

xx
Perches

Started by ness on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 15, 2009, 20:12
by ness
xx
Perches

Started by Pixiewish on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post May 07, 2012, 19:12
by jhub
xx
Perches

Started by rugbyman on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2010, 22:33
by mpv1961
xx
Perches

Started by lamina on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 15, 2009, 06:53
by GTO

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 40 queries.