100% Organic Answer to the Mole problem

• 22 Replies

ratman

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 19:36 »
As a professional pest controller I deal with a lot of mole problems. I have come across this story about the mole plant several times. It is indeed called sperge, I have not had time to investigate fully but I have been told on several occasions how effective it is and by several people. Sometimes there can be something in these stories so I never disregard them. Another one I hear a lot is to keep spiders out of a room place a conker in each corner ??? Again I have never investigated but I have heard this story several times as well.

iwantanallotment

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 19:39 »
Quote from: "ratman"
to keep spiders out of a room place a conker in each corner ???

Never heard that one?
I have lots of spiders and lots of conkers so I'll try that one, ratman.
Will keep you posted  :wink:

ratman

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 20:07 »
Be gratefull if you would as I am always keen to follow up on these stories, thank you  :D

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 21:43 »
Thank you for the site with the seeds on. Having the calculator I had the urge to check the price at 2gram for £1.25 + 1.77pp it equates to £1510 a kilo. Just out of interest (the price is reasonable enough, for seeds.)

I do appreciate Jasper Carrot's humour and did not make a reference to that posting.

After further investigation and discussion elsewhere I can add:-

The plant is being used by gardeners on a temporary basis, to evacuate moles. Once the mole has gone, they can simply lift the plant(s) or even chop it off level with the ground, once the purpose has been served.

The method I was shown was to have several plants and keep placing one over the newest mole run, every time the mole moves until the mole has gone elsewhere. (Probably next door).

Seeing the runs myself the mole moved about 10 foot away from the roots each time in a Northerly direction.

I can not say if the mole had every intention of making that journey without the plant being there. But the person who showed me, said that this was the normal process when using a 'mole plant'.

The plant is a weed (or wild flower depending on how one defines these things) It needs to be treated with respect, it is poison, (was once used as a purge), the sap can cause skin problems (rash) and it may even irritate asthma. Being aware of this some may choose not to grow it at all.  Whilst others will happily wear rubber gloves and use it the plant just to shift pests which may have been causing annoyance for years.

Thank you every one for your kind help with this, I will certainly report back on my findings and if any one else does a test it will be interesting to hear from them too.
If it rots compost it
If it burns burn it
If it is chocolate eat it

kezlou

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 21:49 »
My god Carrot sounds like me with FjbufvbgeorfgreG slugs when i'm hunting for them in the house and garden, good to know someone else is as deranged as me  :lol:
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 22:34 »
fill the holes with gas and though in a match :twisted:
always have a target
and an objective.

ratman

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 23:12 »
If you need help or advice on trapping which will cure the problem once and for all please pm me.

vegmandan

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 23:29 »
Why don't you just set a trap and kill the little sod.

Surely It's Death and it's following decomposition is the most organic natural thing there is surely ?

xx
Mole problem

Started by Stevens706 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 24, 2010, 22:34
by Trikidiki
xx
Well I know the official answer but ......

Started by puravida on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post February 03, 2008, 09:24
by Rob the rake
xx
the answer lies in the ground?

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 21, 2021, 09:53
by Gardener and Rabbit
xx
Pre-germination - answer to carrot fly?

Started by bayleaf on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post January 08, 2011, 13:41
by digalotty

Page created in 0.366 seconds with 38 queries.