Things Going Well on the Plots

• 1 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« on: July 11, 2021, 19:21 »
Generally things are looking pretty good on the plots despite being a bit behind this year. Hot weather earlier than usual followed by colder than usual really doesn’t help. The sweetcorn in the poly is literally taller than me!

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Dekzion

Re: Things Going Well on the Plots
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 22:20 »
Been to the plot today just like everyday. Took down the sweet peas from the squash frames (nothing special, just for the bees) and thinned the squash leaves out to allow more ventilation, likewise with the tomatoes, halved the leaves and stopped them at 5 trusses (so now it'll be a constant lookout for sneaky new growth on them)sown more lettuce (cos) in trays (I only sow 6 at a time so there's no waste of space). My new strawbs have been producing so that's all good, no sign of black or greenfly on my plot but lots of blackfly carcases on backs of bean leaves and have seen loads of ladybird larvae everywhere.
Loving the rain at the moment 'cos I managed to get two IBC's? (those 1000 litre tanks in a frame) and they are three quarters full at the mo.
I'm growing spaghetti squash this year and so far they are doing great, about 8ft lengths up the frames and approx 20 fruits so far, harvested my first marrow and toms are nearly ripe outside at home too.
all in all everythings doing its best and the weeds are looking great too.

xx
Taking Stock of the Plots

Started by John on New Across The Site

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2020, 23:50
by John
xx
How things are going so far

Started by John on New Across The Site

0 Replies
Last post August 01, 2021, 10:55
by John

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 39 queries.