I am pleased to present...

• 32 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

Re: I am pleased to present...
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 08:04 »
They are both girls which is a relief as think I would struggle too. Think if I had had to hand rear a boy the first year I would have had to castrate him so we could keep him as a wether to keep the ram company during the summer. Only for practical reasons of course!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Debz

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 09:15 »
they are such beautiful babies.  I am so jealous of your set up.  My sister has a bit of land and won't entertain the idea of pigs for the freezer and I find it really frustrating.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 09:22 »
Of course! :lol:

I sympathise having done shepherding for one season when I had forty odd to hand rear. There are those which get under your skin, and one little boy in particular who used to follow me home, and always knew as soon as I arrived on the yard. Then there was my little blind girl who used to get lost and I would have to go and rescue her in the middle of the night. Then there was her friend with one eye, bonded with her to help stop her getting lost (didn't work!)

Managed to find a home with a vicar with an orchard for the boy, couldn't have coped come grading. The girls lived in the flock, but blind girl ended up with the rams as they always answered her when she called so she knew where they were.

Ahhhh memories. :D

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 35 queries.