Late winter eating addiction

• 21 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Late winter eating addiction
« on: February 24, 2020, 16:37 »
I wonder if anyone else suffers this. As per usual I over-ate over Christmas and New Year and gained an extra 7lbs. Straight after the holidays I smartened up my act, dieted and lost those extra lbs in a couple of weeks. Now that winter is dragging to its painful close with cold gales and incessant rain, my bad eating habits have returned and I'm shifting  three or four packets of chocolate digestives plus crisps etc every week. Anyone else suffering the same cravings?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 16:42 by AlaninCarlisle »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Late winter eating addiction
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 17:20 »
I've been very tempted, but managed to nip it in the bud, thankfully  ::)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 18:08 »
I always have an eating addiction  :D  but admit it has felt worse this last few weeks.   If I had biscuits in the house I would eat them one after the other until all gone.   :ohmy:  So I just don't buy them.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 19:18 »
Ah yes, comfort eating. I'm another who just can't help it but I love food and I love cooking. I'm my/our worst enemy.
Fancied making something yesterday evening, Bakewell tart, it is absolutely delicious but I can feel a coronary coming on just looking at it. 300gms of butter in it! Yummo!  :D

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 19:27 »
I always come out of winter 7 lbs heavier.  I think it's partly boredom, with not being able to get outside and do stuff in the garden or on the allotment, which also results in lack of exercise. I also hate the winter months with a vengeance, and all I really want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep through them. 
Having said this - for the past couple of mornings, some time between 05:30 and 6:00 am, I have heard the beginnings of the dawn chorus, so spring isn't too far away. HOORAYYYY11111

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 07:48 »
You know you're getting over this ailment, when you look in the Quality Street or Roses tins, and there's only the hard, uninteresting ones left...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 08:27 »
You know you're getting over this ailment, when you look in the Quality Street or Roses tins, and there's only the hard, uninteresting ones left...
:ohmy:
The hard ones are best - it's all the soft ones that get left in this house  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 10:22 »
I understand about the Roses etc, the toffees are always the last to go here, but somehow I manage those as well. ::)   Hot Cross Buns, naked, I have one every night as my pud,  but the other day I bought a pack home, a different brand to normal.   I thought I ought to try one before putting them in the freezer.   I would buy them again I thought, as one became two. :nowink:     Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 13:16 »
Since I had that rotten 'flu' thingy just after Christmas I suddenly got cravings for boiled potatoes with hard-boiled eggs and baked beans, then sometimes I vary it by doing boiled pots, scrambled eggs with various added herbs and spaghetti hoops.  ???
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 17:17 »
:ohmy:
The hard ones are best - it's all the soft ones that get left in this house  :lol:

Actually, you're right, Mum, as some of the soft ones are just too sweet...

We tried some of the new Twix biccies, with the same ingredients but like a biscuit, and they still haven't learned to make them so that they're noshed upside down (not you, the biccie)!

They do fill a gap though, and you can easily slide them under the pantry door if you're trying to keep a secret...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 18:15 »
Oh Don't, I have been to the Carvery and made a pig of myself.  Also told a fat lie.  I looked at the desserts which looked scrummy, and chose Tiramasu and a small éclair.    The Former was just horrid and I didn't eat it, went b ack for another tiny éclair and ate a small piece of Rocky Road on the way back to the table !.    When the waitress came to take the dish I explained I hadn't eaten it because it was completely bland and tasteless and didn't resemble coffee at all.   She asked if I had anything else, and I didn't tell her about the éclair, just that I had eaten a small rocky road piece.    She said, Oh I won't charge for the pud then.      I feel so guilty, when I say my prayers tonight I shall have to confess, because "He" will know.    So I have been a pig and a liar which is quite alien to me and I feel terrible, I spoiled my own day out. :blush:  Mrs Bouquet

Mr Dog

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 18:23 »
2 recent holidays with all you can eat (cereals and cooked) breakfast, 3 course evening meals (one with all you can eat starters and desserts) provided perfect opportunities to practice self control.....unfortunately I failed miserably.

8doubles

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 19:22 »
I've had six biscuits today !  :)

Twice ! ;)

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 19:45 »
Is this the new A.G. confession box?

Is it limited to food, or can we confess anything? (asking for a friend)

I would like to confess to having 2 nasty sausage rolls and a rather awful, bought from the shop kind of awful, chicken pie cooked in my workshop wood burner for my lunch, about 1000 calories more than I needed!
 :D :D :tongue2:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 20:42 »
Yea, let's all 'fess up.    It must be good for the soul and make us feel better again    :D      Would Alan mind if we open up his thread and confess to other "Sins".     Somebody has just confessed to being a "Seedaholic"
Don't want to upset the Mods though, so keep it clean (well reasonably  ):lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 20:46 by mrs bouquet »

xx
Strange addiction

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 17:44
by Growster...
xx
Eating out as youngsters...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post May 29, 2022, 08:36
by Hampshire Hog
xx
the price of potatoes [eating]

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post November 06, 2018, 22:24
by grinling
xx
Over-eating at this time of the year

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post November 25, 2022, 18:29
by Growster...

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 55 queries.