im glad size

• 5 Replies

chrissie B

im glad size
« on: May 04, 2014, 19:40 »
doesent matter I have a mediunm plastic green house , ive got a couple of mini cucumbers and they are all limp and sad looking they are in big pots in the green house they don't dry out as its allways dripping in the green house , every thing else is doing ok except these , I bought them not from seed .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Beetroot Queen

Re: im glad size
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 19:43 »
I think cues are well known for being awkward. I have had years where they did great and last year couldnt grow one to save my life  ::)

Lardman seems to have the trick this year, his looked fab

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:56 »
they may just need some sun and are feeling sad , it does say keep them moist and the green house does that .
chrissie b

3759allen

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 21:44 »
i would say the greenhouse may be to humid and wet. cucumbers suffer from stem rot quite easily.

mine were kept on the dry side last year, especially around the stem. they grew like there was no tomorrow, so i'll be doing the same this year.

Totty

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 21:21 »
Best to keep on the drier side initially, then when well established the more humid you can get it the better. This discourages the dreaded spider mite which will destroy plants later on.

Totty

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 14:12 »
well I might try some more I can keep in the porch till they get abit bigger , thanks
chrissie b

xx
What size pots for toms?

Started by Goosegirl on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

8 Replies
Last post May 29, 2015, 10:51
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 38 queries.