Mantis Tiller Serviced

• 4 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Mantis Tiller Serviced
« on: May 25, 2021, 14:48 »
I've had my Mantis Tiller serviced, which was expensive but worth it.  I've had a Mantis Tiller for about 16 years now. They're a great machine, lightweight and versatile. With my Mantis and its attachments I can prepare a bed, weed a bed, dig a trench, earth up potatoes and even scarify a lawn!

Mantis Tiller Serviced
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

rowlandwells

Re: Mantis Tiller Serviced
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 20:17 »
what does a Mantis service consist of John as I clean the tiller after use taking the tillers of cleaning the drive shaft cleaning the air filter emptying the fuel tank overwinter we bought  our Mantis  about 5 years  and I agree its very versatile tiller we tend to use it more for our raised bed cultivation

we use  the much larger Viking Tiller for the more heavy work like ridging the potatoes or heavier cultivation but that needs transporting on a trailer but with the mantis we can put in the back of our estate car and take it to the allotments

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 08:53 »
Mainly it was things associated with the fuel system. The gearbox grease needs topping up and engine oil changing annually but the fuel system problems seem linked to the mix of ethanol in modern fuels.
The main veg bed had had the Merry Tiller over it about 3 times and was OK but the weeds were popping up. The Mantis has chopped up the weed and the soil tilth is just beautiful now.

old dog

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 18:29 »
Fuel problems, Use ethanol free petrol. It's expensive but so is a new carburettor,£120.00 or so. Aspen 2 or 4 stroke is about £18.00 for 5l. One of these lasts about 2 years.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 18:39 »
That's interesting, Old Dog!

I had my Mantis serviced by them a few years ago, but now I only use it for a few hours each year (no allotment now), so wonder what it's going through each time I 'fire' it up...

It's a great machine, but sadly nobody sems to want to deal with the legacy anymore! I'll probably take it to Nigel at High Banks Nursery near here, as he knows EVERYTHING!

xx
Merry Tiller running again but..

Started by John on New Across The Site

5 Replies
Last post February 25, 2021, 20:10
by Yorkie
xx
Merry Tiller Fighting Fit!

Started by John on New Across The Site

3 Replies
Last post March 11, 2021, 18:08
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 38 queries.