Losing the Plot (as in My Marbles)

• 6 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« on: September 16, 2019, 21:57 »
I put the greenhouse bits in a safe place and forgot which safe place and where is the safe place. Am I finally going potty?

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Losing the Plot (as in My Marbles)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 22:40 »
 Oh dear  :(

I do that sort of thing all the time  ::)

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:41 »
Mrs Growster and I now have several notebooks in strategic places all over the house!

It's the only way we can keep up with events these days, and I even have to write names of people I meet, in case I see them again, and start the same conversation all over again...

As we never watch live TV nowadays, especially the BBC news, (we will the Rugby World Cup though), our collection of DVDs has grown by a third, and the best book is the one in which we write down what we've watched. This just confuses us even more, as we often nod off, so either forget the plot, or get the episode wrong, or both!

So you're nowhere near going potty, because when you find your gardening book, (another gem on the shelf here), you'll realise - er - what you forgot to put into that banana box and eventually ask the cat...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 09:06 »
Have you looked in the fridge? - Need I say more?  :wacko: :lol:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:48 »
It's funny how memory works - Val has decided to re-watch the Sopranos. Episode 1 was aired in 1999 and I remember it so well. Yet I bought a book (well a 2 volume set) a few weeks ago, reached page 30 before I realised I'd read it before and bought them in hardback when they came out 5 years ago.
Jobs for the winter.. sort out the bookshelves and the toolshed as I spend longer looking for the tool than doing the job.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 17:43 »
It's funny how memory works - Val has decided to re-watch the Sopranos. Episode 1 was aired in 1999 and I remember it so well. Yet I bought a book (well a 2 volume set) a few weeks ago, reached page 30 before I realised I'd read it before and bought them in hardback when they came out 5 years ago.
Jobs for the winter.. sort out the bookshelves and the toolshed as I spend longer looking for the tool than doing the job.

It's all part of the game, John!

Saddo Growster here has all the books which have been read over the past several years on a spreadsheet, printed off in order and filed in a small ring book for when we go to the library..:0(  (gink)...

Luckily, Kent libraries have a great online service, which we use constantly. The village has a very small collection, but we can order anything, and get chums there to save it for us!

As for Val watching The Sops again, (we never did see it actually), we've just got the whole lot of Auf Wiedersehn Pet as well as Yes Minister, Darling Buds, Deck of cards, Jewel in the whotsit etc etc - all on Ebay for very little!

We don't get out much...

wighty

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 20:02 »
If somebody could please find my glasses I would be very grateful.  I took them off  week ago  and have never seen them again!

clip
Winning and Losing in the Garden

Started by John on New Across The Site

6 Replies
Last post June 24, 2020, 13:58
by jambop
xx
Catching Up on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2020, 09:25
by John
xx
Too dry – very busy on the plot

3 Replies
Last post April 28, 2021, 09:33
by rowlandwells
xx
A video from the plot.

0 Replies
Last post February 15, 2022, 13:17
by John

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 41 queries.