'rootgrow' mycorrhizal fungi

• 4 Replies

wasthiswise

• Prettiest Pumpkin Grower - 2013
  • Experienced Member
'rootgrow' mycorrhizal fungi
« on: November 02, 2012, 18:20 »
Would be interested to hear if anyone has used 'rootgrow' and how effective it was. Is it worth it?

Thanks

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
Re: 'rootgrow' mycorrhizal fungi
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 18:47 »
I bought a small bag which was about £10 I think  :ohmy:

I have been using it on my plot but honestly can't say that it has made a huge difference compared to the plants that I planted before using it. 

I believe it is best used when planting long term plants such as trees, etc and should be put where the roots will come into contact with it.
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

ilan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 19:21 »
Rootgrow should be about £3 for a small pouch and is recomended for all seedlings thro to trees It works best in "virgin " soils that lack these types of fungi However I have not used it as the garden is well established .
This is the first age that has ever paid much attention to the future which is ironic since we may not have one !(Arthur c Clarke)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 19:42 »
It is designed to innocluate the ground with the fungus, so rather than virgin soil as such, its a change of soil usage.

If you are planting shrubs into a shrub border, for example, the fungus should already be there.  If you were planting a new shrub border into what was grassland, you would give the plants a great start by putting their symbiotic partner into the ground straight away, as the fungus there already would be the grassland types  :)

Trillium

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 20:06 »
I use the Canadian equivalent all the time and would never not use it. It makes a huge difference to veg plants, in both growth, health and yield. I also use it with shrubs and flowers and can say I've never lost a plant. The key with this fungus is that it encourages fast rootlets to spread quickly which can then take up more nutrients and build healthier plants.

xx
Mycorrhizal fungi Rootgrow

Started by Gardener and Rabbit on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post October 31, 2013, 14:36
by RJR_38
xx
Mycorrhizal Fungi - potential uses in horticulture

Started by askari on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post March 10, 2013, 14:40
by Trillium
xx
Rootgrow

Started by Jean Butler on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 12, 2020, 19:48
by New shoot
xx
mycorrhizal powder

Started by LILLILEAF on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 27, 2020, 09:06
by Grubbypaws

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 39 queries.