feeder abd drinker sizes

• 31 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: feeder abd drinker sizes
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 22:12 »
if you have the feeders undercover like some of mine are you don't need to use the rain hats as they also come with another indoor hat as well or even without a hat and can be hung up. The Blenhems indoor hat can also be drilled to hook a chain through onto the metal bar for hanging up.
Staffies are softer than you think.

hillfooter

Re: feeder abd drinker sizes
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 23:11 »
right then just placed my order! i have ordered two of the 6 ltr drinkers, one of the green and white feeders hillfooter recomended and one of the blenheim feeders that joyfull uses then i can see how i get along with them and which i prefer!

You are obviously a diplomat Massa but keep us posted on your assessment.  Actually I doubt you will go far wrong with either feeder.  What I would say with the green one is that you need to periodically check the tightness of the wingnut under the dispenser when you top up as if it's hung up the chx pecking in it can turn the trough and unscrew it when it becomes empty.  Also when you dismantle it to clean it periodically, ensure you retain the wingnut, flat washer and split washer under the green trough AND the flat washer on the threaded central screw which is exposed when you remove the green feeding trough.  It's easy to lose this down the plug hole if you are washing it as it's loose on the thread and falls off once the green trough is removed.  If you lose any of these replace them as it doesn't reassemble properly without them.  The spring washer helps to prevent the wingnut unscrewing.  This feeder is usually also supplied with a conical lid which covers the open top of the tube and is intended to keep out mice descending the hanging cord.  Sometimes this doesn't get supplied but I never use it anyway as it makes unhooking and filling awkward.
Regards
HF
Truth through science.

xx
what size feeder and drinker?

Started by bockhamptoners on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post June 25, 2008, 09:27
by Fifitrix
xx
Feeder & drinker & what to do with grit?

Started by rcf100 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 13:04
by rcf100
xx
What size feeder & drinker?

Started by Ma Lowe on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post September 05, 2009, 09:30
by Sassy
xx
Drinker & Feeder Advice Please

Started by Harmonic on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 04, 2012, 22:09
by Squibbs

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 34 queries.