The dump shop

• 20 Replies

BobandJack

• Experienced Member
Re: The dump shop
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 08:08 »
I love our local tip, OH groans when we go there as he feels you should be taking stuff not bringing stuff back (poor deluded man). I "do up" mirror frames & have found some excellent mirrors for 50 pence a go including some really big ones from old wardrobes  that got treated with fence paint & tucked in between my trellis & my neighbours larch lap fence.  Hey presto my tiny garden now seems twice as wide.  I've had a few chairs for the garden for nothing but since I have no where dry to keep them they do eventually tend to disintegrate but nothing as swanky as that metal chair - note to self "keep eyes peeled"  :)

Etherelda

• Experienced Member
    • http://fernanddavesallotment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 21:08 »
Another thing I will miss out on due to lack of car! *shakes fist angrily*

try and befriend a car driving dump diver! I offer to my carless mates the odd trip. Cheap entertainment!
"Do not sit supine in God's Waiting Room."

Riala

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 08:36 »
I would Etherelda, but we don't know anyone here, and I rarely go out because of a medical problem!

It's alright, I am addicted to Freecycle!  :tongue2:

Pellynut

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 21:44 »
I think you lot with shops at your local amenity tips are really lucky.  As I said, we have lots of stuff tucked away around the back of the containers which I am certain are sold off by the blokes.  Once we were there with a car load of stuff, including an old bookcase and the chap in the next car asked us if he could have it.  We said yes, and we transferred it from our car to his.  One of the site workers came over and told us we were not allowed to swap stuff from car to car - if we took it to the site we had to put it in the skip.  We'll know next time to drive around the corner!

nellie.b

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 10:36 »
At the one near us,I asked if i could take something out of one of the skips, and was told not supposed to but if they don't 'see' anyone doing it,then they can't stop you!!! :D :D

Etherelda

• Experienced Member
    • http://fernanddavesallotment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 17:58 »
went again today, just popped in while passing. I got another 300+ ltr dalek composter, 3 handfuls of beanpoles and a small roll of chicken wire. £5!!!!

Kerching.

took them straight up the lottie, which I need to strim tomorrow, and get my onions in- the allotment society Secretary asked me if I still want to keep the allotment, which I think is a strong hint to get my bum in gear with the weeds!

xx
Allotment clearing/reclaiming from dump run

Started by Potterer on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post April 24, 2019, 08:41
by snowdrops
xx
99p shop

Started by Wiltshire Worms on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post April 27, 2013, 20:33
by Beetroot queen
xx
99p Shop!!!!

Started by ulsterfairy on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post May 08, 2012, 20:20
by Madame Cholet
xx
99p shop

Started by Piccolo on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2010, 22:00
by A. Fallowfield

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 37 queries.