landmaster 88

• 6 Replies

HeNrYhOuNd

landmaster 88
« on: March 20, 2007, 10:13 »
i have just been given a landmaster 88 rotavator with a aspera engine from my boss. i managed to get it started with a new plug, fuel pipe and cleaning the points and the carb. but it seams to be reving high i spoke with the machanics at work and he said i had proberly bent the bit that leads to the goveners when taking the carb off. i would be most gratefull if someone could give me advice on how i could fix this problem

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
landmaster 88
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 11:16 »
According to my B&S manual
to increase engine speed you need to bend the govenor tang ( wire bit ) to lengthen the govenor spring.
To decrease engine speed you need to bend the tang to shorten governor spring
Don't know if that helps you any  :)  But the rotavator club guys will be along sometime to put you right  :wink:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Gwiz

landmaster 88
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 13:08 »
first thing to do is to make sure that it isnt just a tight fit where the top link joins onto the carb. the top link ends in a hook that goes though hole in tthe top arm of the carb.
often as these get old and worn, it can get stuck.
also if its been taken apart, it may be that the govenor spring arm has been fitted into the wrong whole on the arm that moves it. this has the effect of tightening the governor spring, hence making the engine rev too much.
it is very difficult to decribe what it all should look like without pictures, which i dont have.
the aspera engine is very, very old, and no longer in production. it became obsolete when i was a young man of 20 ish (43 now).
they are very similar to the early techumseh engines, you may be able to find a repair manual for it, if you are lucky.
the tang mentioned by richyrich7 is only found on the more modern briggs engines, unfortunately the aspera is a little more complicated. :cry:

HeNrYhOuNd

landmaster 88
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 13:17 »
thanks for your help i think that i might have another play with it later and see if i can get it working properly :D

HeNrYhOuNd

landmaster 88
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 17:18 »
:D  :D  :D thanks for your help guys i maneged to fix it but im not too sure what i did though i took it apart gave it a clean up and put it together again and it works fine :D  :D  :D

Gwiz

landmaster 88
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 18:09 »
HURRAH!!! :D

leeky

landmaster 88
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 19:43 »
nice!  just like banging a telly when it goes on the blink  :lol:

clip
landmaster 100

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2016, 22:30
by R Tallentire
xx
landmaster 85

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 21:41
by derekmc
xx
Landmaster 100

Started by Baz on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 21:25
by Celery
xx
landmaster cub

Started by ianhatley on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 16, 2014, 20:01
by sten

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 36 queries.