Re: Electronic payments
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 10:57 »
They probably mean 3cm, jezza.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 11:11 »
Hello I've just got the list of jobs(17) to do tomorrow with the times for each job and a note that all the lawned areas have to be cut to a height not exceeding 3mm,they dont under stand that the mowers wont go lower than 10mm   jezza
Gillette?  :D
Our grass is about 3 inches high but mowing in the rain doesn't work. It has to stop sometime.. doesn't it?
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

grinling

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 13:50 »
any charges on your business account is an expense for tax purposes

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2020, 15:46 »
I digress, now if I want to pay in a cheque I do so online by taking a photo via their app, front & back & within a couple of days receive a text to say it’s been approved & if the originators bank approves it tge money will be in my account in a few days. I deposited one in this manor on Saturday evening, & got the text yesterday . Far easier than going to the bank.

Only 3 HSBC branches left in the whole of Sheffield, none near me, so having queued at my local Post Office earlier this week to pay in my Christmas cheque from my mother (bless her), I thought this was a Eureka moment...

...until I read the reviews about their app on Gurgle Play Store - guess which feature, in particular, seems not to work for most users?  ::)  :nowink:  :(
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

jezza

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2020, 06:39 »
Hello thanks for that info Grindling all the years I've done the tax return I didn't know the charges could be claimed for  ,as for using the post office I was told by the manageress that they didn't accept business cheques I said they're in an envelope how does she know,had to go to the nearest bank ,fortunately the manageress has changed so now they've list 7 cheques that were deposited in April they're in the post office system some where  hope they find them soon  jezza

jezza

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2020, 20:36 »
Hello I got paid in cash on Friday its all written down and deposited in Mr Crawfords bank,the local post office informed me yesterday that they have found my cheques that went missing in April apparently they'd been put on a shelf and other things put on top    jezza

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2020, 20:59 »
All good news then, Jezza  :D

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2020, 21:29 »
,the local post office informed me yesterday that they have found my cheques that went missing in April apparently they'd been put on a shelf and other things put on top    jezza

I would have thought that was criminal negligence, however, it's good you have it sorted.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 47 queries.