Good on you Learner!

I'm sure you will be fine with the check. x

Paul Plots

Re: Pets as therapy
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 15:06 »
Good on you Learner!

I'm sure you will be fine with the check. x

We passed!!  :)  :)

It was a little like an inspection (well, we felt that way) but we were pleased to have someone spend the time with us & it showed they cared.

A brilliant set-up... we have a list of things that need to be agreed to before we arrive to "look" including prepayment for "the snip" (for the kitten/s  :ohmy:)  to make sure there are no additionally little moggies needing re-homing. It all sounds a very professional, well considered and thorough organisation.

Next (now we've got our "Ok to proceed docs") we must phone to arrange an appointment to visit. My OH was wanting to pick the phone up the minute the front-door closed and our visitor left!  ::) But, late afternoon calls only.....so she has gone shopping.... no doubt to return with cat basket/s and scratch-posts and.... I dread to imagine what. Fortunately (???) my son has gone with her (and I have the cheque book!)  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

dizzylizzie

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 15:52 »
Congratulations! dont forget the piccies when they new little one arrives :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 16:08 »
The camera batteries are charging as I type  :)

Only problem is.... the quick shopping trip is lasting longer than I had expected....

Just how many pet shops are there around here selling essential items for new kittens?  ???

janet12000

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 17:08 »
Well done Learner!

They have to do the checks to make sure the kitten(s) are going to a good home I guess? :)

I had a house check before Bea arrived, and although I was paranoid that my house would be too small/too messy/in the wrong area etc we passed.

There are lots of essential items for kittens!
They need at least 20 toys (which they will ignore, favouring the curtains)
A scratch post (which they will ignore, favouring the curtains)
A bed. (which is far less comfy than your bed, and will only be slept in when you are washing the bed covers)
A litter box (which hopefully will be used)

The main thing is lots of love and tlc though.  :tongue2:

Paul Plots

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 17:28 »
Having been catless since the beginning of summer I was considering the need for a new carpet here and there (as my OH said I should "consider it") and "perhaps a new 3 piece suite" ......now that our children no longer fling themselves into it like tons of bricks falling (they choose not to spend so much time in our living-room now) and... the cats (it was actually only 1 of the 2) no longer "strokes" the covers to shreds.

The cats had managed to change the shape of the carpets (mostly behind the sofa and the bottom of the first set of stairs). The newel post had been encased in hardboard a few years back to distract 'you know who's" attention from using it as a scratching post...

So a new kitten (it may well end up as two) will be a good reason not to have new carpets (and keep the furniture in the same place so I can't be reminded of the hole!). No need to have new armchairs and sofa.... after all my OH has been training as an upholsterer for the last 3 years so we'll settle for an old one poshly re-done...well I would, anyway.

And I will relax with the kittens my pulse slowly calming [(thinking to myself how very much we will have saved on new furniture and carpets!!) (Don't let OH know why we are having some wonderful little kittens around the place again!!)]  ;)  I am joking... really ;)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 20:48 »
Only just caught up but that's great Learner, I'm so glad you went down the rehoming route  :D Lots of photos when they arrive will be needed!

Paul Plots

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 00:04 »
Booked our appointment this afternoon for a visit tomorrow so hoping to be back home with a new kitty.. or maybe two if they are very young.  :)

Update: Arrived home this afternoon with two kittens - so many to choose from!

They settled quickly; enjoyed a first meal and used the litter tray. Presently they are 'helping' dress the Christmas tree - what a great time for my OH and the family to choose!

If only they would stay still long enough I could post a picture  :ohmy:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 18:24 by Learner »

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 19:01 »
Great news Learner, and looking forward to the piccies
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

janet12000

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2009, 19:03 »
Excellent! Don't expect that Christmas tree to last long!  :lol:
We need pictures!!!!

Paul Plots

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 21:17 »
The kittens are beauts.... one slightly older and bigger than the other, one male one female - both rehomed after an owner relationship split apparently.

First few minutes of arriving home both found the litter tray and used it (nicely) - they then spent the next four hours tearing around non-stop, in, under, on and through most of the ground floor of the house (mostly open plan). They eat like there's no tomorrow!!

I guess having to spend a couple of weeks in a smallish pen was partly why they had so much energy. Since then they have raced at a respectable pace and clambered up on the sofa and chairs next to us for a nap. Both appear to understand the word "No" and back off / down quite quickly but they certainly are very use to having people around them.

Christmas tree has been re-decorated a few hundred times but only up to a couple feet above ground level (or as far as the kittens can reach with a slight spring).  ;)

Tomorrow they are off for their next "jabs".

Photos? By the time they are tired enough to sit still I am too tired to stand up again. I have several photos of the space they were in when I pushed the "shutter" release!

PS Pictures at the week-end.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 21:19 by Learner »

janet12000

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 22:01 »
Oh bless!
Can't wait to see pics.  :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2009, 00:09 »
Oh bless!
Can't wait to see pics.  :)

Aren't cats hard to photograph when they are awake!

Just the one picture almost presentable... ::)
Leo & Pepper December 2009 (12).jpg

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 00:38 »
Ah bless, how long did they run in circles attacking their own collars for?  ??? :D They are real cuties!

Paul Plots

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2009, 01:27 »
Ah bless, how long did they run in circles attacking their own collars for?  ??? :D They are real cuties!

Collars were insisted upon by the Cat Rescue Centre - just in case he kittens vanished before they had settled at home.... not that they will be going out for a fair few weeks.

Much to our surprise they have accepted them without any fuss at all.

We were shown two of the prettiest related kittens at the centre - one slightly longer haired - both white with a small dappling of black and ginger. They were so high on the list of "take homes"... we were then told by someone else the area in which they were housed had evidence of cat flu so we left..(although all the cats in that smaller room had been vaccinated). I might have been tempted to say "keep them for us" - we'll be back when the all clear is given...But next we were shown the two that we took home. A little older and so very ready to accept picking up and handling - very playful and alert despite being in a pen in the owner's living room (rather than out in the "barn" or a side building).

I think we made a wise choice as they were housed away from the others and have settled so well. Nice to come home to after a day and a half at work!  :)

xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots
xx
Pets Gallery

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

1711 Replies
Last post January 26, 2024, 20:25
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 39 queries.