bulk priming for both bottle and keg

• 1 Replies

lordthanatos

• 1st Pumpkin Contest 2011
  • Experienced Member
bulk priming for both bottle and keg
« on: September 09, 2013, 10:00 »
hiya all.

ive got a batch of home brew that has just about finished fermenting. Normally I would bulk prime the lot and keep it all in a keg. But I am wanting to bottle some of it to hand out and have a question.

can I transfer the lot into the keg, bulk prime and from the keg fill about a dozen bottles?

or is it best to put a little sugar into the bottles and fill direct from fermentation bucket and then just work out how much sugar is needed for remainder that will go into the keg?

any advice will be thankfully received :)

BobE

Re: bulk priming for both bottle and keg
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 19:27 »
can I transfer the lot into the keg, bulk prime and from the keg fill about a dozen bottles?
The short answer is yes.

I switched to putting 100g of sugar into a barrel and syphoning the beer into the barrel with as little disturbance as possible to the beer, just a gental stir to mix the sugar.  Then bottle as many as you want from this container directly without adding any further sugar, you will probably need to syphon it depending on bottom or top tap. Leave a one inch head-space in each bottle.  Store bottles in the dark and at room temperature for a week and then move them to a cooler place if possible. 

If you leave any beer in the barrel after bottling just fit the CO2 valve and the next day check for pressure, add CO2 if required, it will depend on your barrel headspace.  Then continue as usual with the barrel.  The above is only for beer, not lager nor wine.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 00:54 by BobE »

xx
Re-priming beer...

Started by Growster... on Homebrew

13 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 13:39
by Growster...
xx
When to bottle?

Started by Stoatus on Homebrew

6 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 18:46
by hindy
xx
Red Wine in bulk

Started by robertgiles on Homebrew

14 Replies
Last post June 10, 2009, 00:20
by Tinbasher
xx
lager,bottle or keg

Started by rubixs on Homebrew

1 Replies
Last post January 10, 2010, 20:53
by Swing Swang

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 35 queries.