help with champion 35 lawnmower

• 1 Replies

puffinstuff

help with champion 35 lawnmower
« on: August 06, 2012, 18:30 »
hi,
hope someone can offer advice.  I took the blade of my champion 35 to sharpen it.  some of the petrol and oil leaked out as i was doing this.  When i tried to restart it now the pulley cord only comes out halfway and sticks.  I've oiled and put petrol in but this has not made a defference.  Anyone any suggestions about what may be wrong and a possible cure. 

thanks

smud6ie

Re: help with champion 35 lawnmower
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 19:29 »
hi,
hope someone can offer advice.  I took the blade of my champion 35 to sharpen it.  some of the petrol and oil leaked out as i was doing this.  When i tried to restart it now the pulley cord only comes out halfway and sticks.  I've oiled and put petrol in but this has not made a defference.  Anyone any suggestions about what may be wrong and a possible cure.  

thanks
Take out the spark plug and pull engine over to get rid of any fluids that are on top of the piston,clean and dry plug and try to restart.The air filter may also be contaminated and require changing if wet.
smud6ie
edit:If the filter is foam type  it can be washed out in petrol and reoiled,If the engine does not spin  with  the spark plug removed then you may have pushed the engine cover that the starter is bolted to out of shape.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:52 by smud6ie »

xx
Champion 40 lawnmower

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 16:14
by Motivator
xx
Lawnmower help please

Started by Maryann on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 17:25
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
decarbon a lawnmower

Started by adal on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post July 20, 2012, 08:05
by Amilo
xx
lawnmower advice

Started by owein on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 10:40
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 38 queries.