Foxy

Re: RIP Little Red
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2009, 21:45 »
Sorry the little lad didn't make it :( :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 07:53 »
Well thanks to Foxy Cochin is bringing me a cockerel and a hen to the national show (hopefully Debbie wont mind two extra passengers on the way back  :unsure:), many thanks to you both it is really appreciated  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

compostqueen

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 18:37 »
So sorry to hear that Little Red didn't make it but it sounds like you did everything you could think of to help him get well  :( 

Rubellite

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 20:12 »
Well thanks to Foxy Cochin is bringing me a cockerel and a hen to the national show (hopefully Debbie wont mind two extra passengers on the way back  :unsure:), many thanks to you both it is really appreciated  :D

How exciting, Joy :D Have you thought of names?

joyfull

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 20:27 »
not yet although I had a little cockerel of Debbie a while ago that unfortunatly suffered a mishap and his name was Eddie Cochran so may name the cockerel after him.  :D

Rubellite

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2009, 20:42 »
not yet although I had a little cockerel of Debbie a while ago that unfortunatly suffered a mishap and his name was Eddie Cochran so may name the cockerel after him.  :D

:ohmy:

Methinks chickens are prone to mishaps. In one week I found Barry the cockerel's head inside Ruby's mouth  :ohmy: fortunately she left when I screeeeeched "leave" to her. He survived to tell the tale, my nerves were shot to pieces  :( Next was Mrs White who I found hanging by one foot in the slats of the garden chair - she hobbled around for a couple of days after I massaged the blood back into the very blue and swollen foot :nowink: last (and I knew there'd be 3) was Bella who hurt her wing, then hurt her leg trying to jump with only one wing..............she's still in the sick bay and enjoying every minute of it!  :blink: Seem to need eyes in the back of your head to keep them out of trouble :wacko:

joyfull

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 20:47 »
I think I have had more problems with chickens this year than any of my dogs (mind you I never had any problems with chickens till I got that batch of araucanas). Now I have 4 very healthy ones and due to get these two so hopefully things are looking up  :D
You were lucky getting Ruby to leave your Barrys head alone - alot would've just closed their mouths and looked as if to say "You talking to me?"  :lol:

Rubellite

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2009, 21:02 »
Yes, I think the only reason he survived was because she had hold of him at the top of his beak, no punctures, just dents!  :ohmy: I expect he had a headache though. I had to go out so left him under the heat lamp in the shed fully expecting him to be "gone" on my return. Took a couple of days before he was back to normal  :wub:

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 36 queries.