Rumtopf querie

• 3 Replies

SkipRat

Rumtopf querie
« on: November 05, 2007, 21:41 »
I started a Rumtopf off a few months ago every thing seems to be going ok but I,ve noticed that on the outside of the pot I seem to get like a brown syrupy substance,which looks a little bit like camp coffee which a few of you may remember. I keep wiping it away but it always re-appears a few weeks later. I,ve tasted the Rumptopf and it tastes fine, in fact it taste blumming lovely. Has anyone else experienced this?
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

muntjac

Rumtopf querie
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 22:04 »
is the jar a clay type one ,as this is porous,its a salt glaze i think ,,, i cant say what the brown stuff is other than sugars coming from the contents ,i seem to remember that a brandy liquer type drink  used to leach through the pots it was shipped in during spanish  conquistadors times when they went and found south america :)
still alive /............

SkipRat

Rumtopf querie
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 23:52 »
The rumtopf is a pot one and it does have a glaze on it, and it could be I suppose seeping through. But as I said it in no way seems to be affecting the contents which is the most important bit. Hope it tastes as nice as it does now on Christmas day. Cheers Munty.

muntjac

Rumtopf querie
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 00:07 »
thats prob the sugars then matey ,,, watch it they have a tendency to give a sugar rush with a blinding headache lolo,, its claleda hangover lmao

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 35 queries.