New Boy on the block. Weird "mushrooms" growing in my pots.

• 8 Replies

hermes

Hi. I am in my second year of growing and this year I set up a cheap plastic greenhouse. All growing is being done in containers. Now I have unwelcome fungus growing on the soil in the containers. Looks like a yellowy brown. At first i thought it was slugs that had keeled over. I presume the warm damp conditions are helping it spread. How do I gat rid of it? Or is it OK to leave it and no harm done? ??? Any help most welcome.
Always in the Sh... You know what! Only the depth varies.

Trillium

The fungus could come from numerous sources. Don't overwater the pots, space them out for good air circulation, check the greenhouse air flow so that it's adequate. You can also spray some baking soda and water solution just on the soil tops to deter the fungus from spreading. Doesn't matter a quantity, but about a tablespoon or 2 of soda to a litre of water should do fine.

chris23005

• Experienced Member
Thanks - I have got this too and assumed they were growing from the compost as I have a nice variety of fungi now!!! Just planted my peas today, fungi and all though - should I have removed the fungi first then?

sarah-king

• Experienced Member
I have allsorts of fungi growing in my raised beds... from the compost... i just leave them as they dont harm anything...

JayG

• Global Moderator
Fungi are only a problem if you haven't got mush-room.  :nowink:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
 :lol:

Boom Boom!!
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mumofstig

• Global Moderator

hamstergbert

he was a real fun guy.
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Yabba

unfortunately he got arrested for playing with a toads tool :O

¥

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 37 queries.