It's a cat's life

• 6 Replies

Foghorn-Leghorn

It's a cat's life
« on: September 20, 2011, 18:11 »
We've recently fired up the wood burner with the cooler weather we've had (plus my hubby likes to burn things  ::) ) and now I've got one of my Siamese sat looking expectantly at the fire!  It's not lit at present but she obviously had other ideas.  It doesn't take them long to figure out their creature comforts does it?!
"The chicken came first—God would look silly sitting on an egg."

— Author Unknown

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: It's a cat's life
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 18:18 »
I know what you mean. We've had ours lit a few times in the past week or so and whilst the Collie thinks its far too scary to walk past if its going well or making a noise, spitting, crackling etc, she'll happily curl up on the floor or on the couch in front of the warmth if its burning calmly.  ::) :D But right now, she's outside with the kitchen door open, of course, which is a much more normal state of affairs.  :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 18:23 »
Bless.  Talking of doors being open, it's getting to the time of year where Evie (Siamese) is more and more reluctant to go outside to do her business but she doesn't like the litter tray.  She sits at the back door when you open it for her and assesses the weather before making a dash for it!  I especially like the wet paw dance she does as she scampers across the decking  :lol:

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 18:24 »
Oh yes, the wet paw dance!  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 18:43 »
Lucy won't even go outside if it means getting her paws wet.............but she would still like the door left open so that she can watch over her domain ::) I really get told off if I shut it  :lol:

Unless it is cold of course, then I'm lucky if she moves from her seat by the radiator :ohmy:

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 19:13 »
Lucy won't even go outside if it means getting her paws wet.............but she would still like the door left open so that she can watch over her domain ::) I really get told off if I shut it  :lol:

Unless it is cold of course, then I'm lucky if she moves from her seat by the radiator :ohmy:

:lol:  :lol:

At least you know who's boss  ::)

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 19:45 »
at least with a cat you can close the door when its cold - seeing as they've taken up residence at hotel radiator.  :lol:

what do you do with a long haired shepherd who thinks its the bahamas indoors - even if its snowing - and keeps pestering until you open the back door and leave it like that? :wacko: brrrrr!

guess hubby will have to get used to blue lips and fingers (hopefully he won't decide to up sticks and move back to india!)  :D
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

xx
Secret Life of the Cat

Started by mumofstig on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 19:52
by allotmentann
clip
It's a Hard Life!

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2019, 18:50
by John
xx
Charlie saved a life today

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post May 31, 2015, 07:53
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 39 queries.