happy clapping

• 16 Replies

rowlandwells

happy clapping
« on: April 02, 2020, 20:33 »
have you been clapping tonight we have eight o'clock sharp to thank all those doing the most for us NHS and all the rest of the ones that are keeping this country going a BIG  THANKS TO ALL OF YOU   

rw

Fairy Plotmother

Re: happy clapping
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 22:07 »
have you been clapping tonight we have eight o'clock sharp to thank all those doing the most for us NHS and all the rest of the ones that are keeping this country going a BIG  THANKS TO ALL OF YOU   

rw
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 09:13 »
We have. There was pipers on the next road.

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 09:46 »
Is this a weekly thing? we missed it last week and we were gutted to miss it.
Ches

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 12:28 »
I haven't seen any thing about this.  I saw it on the news and wondered how did everybody know ?   Perhaps you could let me know,   but I expect I will be the only one clapping in my lane.  My clapping might encourage a few more to join in.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wighty

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 13:41 »
Last week we were the only ones out clapping and we couldn't hear any other noise, last night however there were more people out on their doorsteps and we could hear clapping, whistles, football rattles, bells etc.  Didn't feel so silly this week.

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 18:13 »
it was mentioned on the ITV news at six o'clock last night Mrs B and i think its going to happen next Thursday night i think its a bit of appreciation for all those key workers  working through this pandemic

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 13:54 »
Thanks, I shall try to watch out for it, do you know what time it was ?   regards  Mrs Bouquet

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 10:03 »
It's 8pm every Thursday  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 11:03 »
Why did it take this Corona virus to acknowledge all the NHS staff for the great work they do? One thing I wish is that they'd mention other staff such as those in the labs (like I used to was), X-Ray departments, Occupational therapy and so many more. If they don't get a good pay rise after it's all over I shall be very cross indeed!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 11:52 »
Today, I am leaving out a thank you note to the postie and the bin boys.  I shall also do a card and a tip for my young paper boy.    I have written Thursday Clapping in my diary !    Mrs Bouquet

Wellington

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 21:33 »
We’ve been doing it, although I have some issues with it, I appreciate it in the spirit it’s meant.

We are leaving out sealed bottles of water and packaged snacks for out delivery drivers and posties etc. Except I haven’t had a delivery since I started doing it. No post, even.

rowlandwells

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 09:16 »
don't forget its happy clapping night tonight  :D when we once again thank all those putting the lives on the line for us because we offer all these people a great dept of gratitude for all what there all doing including the NHS  staff and doctors who a directly on the front line of this virus and those who are also keeping this country going when i clap tonight it will be a big thank you to all of you

PS
its coming up to the holiday weekend lets all stay indoors and keep safe not just for ourselves but for others not so fortunate as us and all those on the front line like the NHS and others workers

so you all keep in and keep safe

wighty

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 15:33 »
Our shop is open (hardware) but only in the mornings.  We have one customer bringing us a hot sausage roll each when he comes in and the lady across the road,aged 84, waves a coffee mug at me and if I stick my thumb up I get a mug made for me.   It's nice to be appreciated.

GraciesGran

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 06:46 »
My son in law is a paramedic and claps for the ladies in the sweet shop who have, and are keeping him supplied with jelly babies, his drug of choice.  He maintains they are just as important. 

clip
Happy New

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post January 01, 2019, 12:59
by Goosegirl
xx
Happy Diwali

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 04, 2021, 23:18
by Aunt Sally
clip
Happy New Year to you all

Started by MrsPea on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post January 01, 2023, 17:20
by Yorkie
xx
Happy Lancashire Day

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 30, 2017, 22:46
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 56 queries.