strawberries in bud

• 21 Replies

mashbintater

• Experienced Member
Re: strawberries in bud
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 21:09 »
Hi Learner, thanks for that  :). I had the same fear during a recent frost & acted likewise. Once I'd protected the young buds, I then read the leaflet that came with it. Apparantley, once planted, so long as the soil wasn't frozen, frost won't do any harm to the tree. I found it curious too  :unsure:

Paul Plots

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 00:11 »
Hi Learner, thanks for that  :). I had the same fear during a recent frost & acted likewise. Once I'd protected the young buds, I then read the leaflet that came with it. Apparantley, once planted, so long as the soil wasn't frozen, frost won't do any harm to the tree. I found it curious too  :unsure:

I'm pleased to hear that frost wont be a problem - thanks for letting me know - I have learnt something new!  :)

Best of luck with the crop!  :)

Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

cAnAry53

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39 »
Strawberries just starting to flower,but most pleasing sight of the week is my sunburst cherry in full flower stops me in my tracks every time i go to allotment

Paul Plots

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 09:21 »
most pleasing sight of the week is my sunburst cherry in full flower stops me in my tracks every time i go to allotment

I know what you mean...  :) Last year I planted a plum tree on dwarf rooting stock... the white flowers are dazzling and a promise of something even better to come if I'm lucky  :)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 09:24 »
I've heard of them, but not come across them as yet.

I'm hoping that pink flowered strawberries give as good a crop as whites... it would be nice to have something different looking as well as tasty and reliable.

I've a variety of different types - more by chance than design. One batch from "Lidls" (is that the correct spelling??) proved really good last year.  :)

We have pink flowered strawbs in pots in the graden, surrounding lavender etc -- look good and crop fairly well despite not really getting enough water. Taste good too, especially warm from the sun  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Paul Plots

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 09:32 »

I'm hoping that pink flowered strawberries give as good a crop as whites... it would be nice to have something different looking as well as tasty and reliable.

I've a variety of different types - more by chance than design. One batch from "Lidls" (is that the correct spelling??) proved really good last year.  :)

We have pink flowered strawbs in pots in the graden, surrounding lavender etc -- look good and crop fairly well despite not really getting enough water. Taste good too, especially warm from the sun  :D

I guess they multiply by sending out runners like most other types?

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 09:43 »

I guess they multiply by sending out runners like most other types?
Yes they do and we put other pots alonside to peg them into --looked weird but werked well

xx
Strawberries

Started by 1st time veg grower on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post November 02, 2008, 00:54
by sclarke624
xx
strawberries

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 17, 2021, 09:57
by mumofstig
xx
strawberries

Started by bert on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 28, 2007, 12:51
by yummy
xx
Strawberries.

Started by Dantheman on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 28, 2014, 22:02
by heygrow

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 39 queries.