I have millions of tadpoles!

• 18 Replies

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: I have millions of tadpoles!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 05:33 »
My neighbouring plot holders have taddys in their pond. They throw in the bones lefy over from Sunday dinner. (Must still have some meat on!). Lamb is their favorite!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

paintedlady

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 05:57 »
There is a pond on my big plot (has been there years) which clearly has a hole somewhere in the lining because it never fills up more than 6 inches from the bottom.  I had every intention of filling it in but last year found it teaming with tadpoles so left it.  Clearly some survived as the plot has loads of small frogs now - it is a nightmare walking round in case I stand on them, strim them or any other manner ...  :ohmy:  I've decided to create a wildflower garden round the pond in the hope they won't venture too far away from the pond until they are big enough to be seen!
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

8doubles

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 07:23 »
My neighbouring plot holders have taddys in their pond. They throw in the bones lefy over from Sunday dinner. (Must still have some meat on!). Lamb is their favorite!

The meat need not be cooked ! I once put some raw pigeon bones in the shallows and they were all over them in seconds.

savbo

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 09:46 »
Having Done Ponds for years I've found that too many tadpoles can end up with lots not developed by the end of the year (not enough food). They then will die over the winter... the Froggy people ask people NOT to move spawn and taddies around as it can spread diseases. I would either introduce some predators (fish or water beetles) or wait a few weeks to see what happens and then remove a good proportion and (weeps) put them on the compost or wherever - not nice but is it worse than them all dying in 8 months?

Michael

xx
millions of them!

Started by celtbhoy on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 09, 2007, 20:06
by crowndale
xx
Millions of Tendrils

Started by Tracybutton on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 21, 2014, 00:17
by Tracybutton
xx
Sweet millions - didnt remove side shoots!

Started by kermit on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 06, 2010, 07:57
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 37 queries.