No eggs yet

• 17 Replies

3Bluebelles

• Experienced Member
No eggs yet
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 20:16 »
Well we found a plastic egg in our local feed suppliers, and they just lie on it!

We have put in the higher roosting bars, and they seem very happy with them, but still have to be lifted onto them from the nesting box!

Tonight we have panicked that we are doing the wrong thing by closing the nesting box off to them, and just left them to it, in the hope that they will learn the right place to sleep, and last we looked they were all 3 cuddled up together in the nesting box - on top of the plastic egg!

We have straw in the nesting box, How does anyone else cope with changing it every day, when they poo in it over night?

Help please?!!!

Thanks, Jacky. :!:

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
No eggs yet
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 20:29 »
I'm sorry but i have only had one hen who tried to sleep in the nest box and all i didi was wait till it was dark and move her onto the perch, although nugget slept in the nest box for a couple of nights just before she started laying!?
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3Bluebelles

• Experienced Member
No eggs yet
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 18:45 »
Well this morning they were all on their perches, despite leaving the door to the nesting box open. There was some poo in the straw, but more on the floor of the main house, so they obviously moved during the night. I think we might have solved it!

Now have a new problem, seems like Mandy might have a cold. She's sneezing quite a bit, and had foamy eyes when we got home from work (mind you she gets that when she eats huge slugs - and doesn't seem to learn that they're not nice!!!) I put a few drops of Citracidal in their water this morning. Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks,

Jacky.

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 35 queries.