Poo with blood in it

• 4 Replies

Helenaj

Poo with blood in it
« on: February 01, 2011, 13:30 »
I went to put the girls in last night and noticed just the one poo that appeared to have a spot of blood in it. It must have been there for a couple of hours yesterday as it was frozen solid. I've looked at the Poo guide that's on here and compared the photo for Coccidiosis, but there is a lot less blood in the poo than that in the photo - only a fraction. I checked around the compound and under ther perches last night and can see no other trace and I checked again this morning under the perches - no poo with blood. Could this have just been a one off? If it is not, I know that there is a treatment used for pigeons that can be used on hens (Coxoid?), but I'm not sure of the dosage, plus I would have to dose everyone as I don't know which of my 30 it may be. None of them look off colour and they are all full of beans, doing what hens do best. I'm religious about hygeine and poo pick everyday with a complete coop clear out once a week.
Any advice greatly received!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Poo with blood in it
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 13:54 »
are you sure it is blood and not part of the intestinal lining? Have another look at the pooh photos and you will find some of these poohs there. a lot of people think this looks like blood but is perfectly normal pooh.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Helenaj

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 18:32 »
Hi Joyfull, I'm pretty certain it's blood. I've seen lots of the intestinal poos and this is entirely different. You can see where the blood has "spread" into the rest of the poo. I've checked again this afternoon and when I've put them in tonight and there's nothing. I'm hoping it was just a one off, but I'll keep checking the rest of this week just in case.

bantam novice

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 19:25 »
Good Luck, Helenaj and keep us posted
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Helenaj

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:29 »
I checked again today - no blood anywhere and all my girls are really perky and giving my two cockerels the complete runaround - literally! Must have been a one off, but I'll keep my eyes open for the next week or two.

Thanks everyone!

xx
blood in ya egg

Started by ste23 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 10, 2012, 12:54
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Help! Blood everywhere....

Started by Chuckles on The Hen House

29 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 09:37
by Big Jen
xx
Blood on egg help!!

Started by jinty1911 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post January 11, 2011, 19:34
by bantam novice
xx
blood in the egg

Started by 02rlgudgin on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 21, 2007, 15:30
by muntjac

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 36 queries.