Spuds in tyres.

• 17 Replies

Welsh Merf

Re: Spuds in tyres.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 09:51 »
any tyre centre will let you have them willingly free of charge

To be honest, you may find that it is not that easy to find the tyres.  It's illegal, I believe, to dispose of tyres otherwise than through a regulated process - and that includes giving them away to others.

Yorkie: working as a site engineer in the highly-regulated nuclear industry, I can tell you that the legal mantra for waste is the 3 R's: reduce, re-use, recycle. Re-use comes before recycle, which is what I intend to do. I can re-use the tyres for another purpose (other than their original intention), but I cannot dispose of them (recycle) without going through the correct legal process, which in my case would be to take them to the local council recycling centre. However, you are quite right in saying that there is a legal process in place for the disposal of all waste.
I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 17:16 »
Noted - I was pointing out that as the tyres are currently in the possession of the tyre centre, they should follow the legal process for disposing of them, and not instead give them away.  Of course anyone can re-use and re-cycle their own waste first.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

noweedstony

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 11:20 »
my tyre centre said come back and take as many as I want  ;)  he has to pay to get rid so he's more than happy to loose some

re the rims you can fill with straw or old newspaper so it doesn't fill with compost making them less heavy to empty at harvest time
i did this last year for my Christmas spuds it worked a treat and was still cropping for new years day so far they are coming along a treat this year and no worries about blight, enjoy your tatties they are a lot healthier than commercially grown

xx
Spuds in car tyres.

Started by leeky on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post February 22, 2007, 12:13
by muntjac
xx
spuds in tyres

Started by finleyfreyaseth on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 11, 2013, 22:59
by LandShark
xx
Spuds in tyres?

Started by piskieinboots on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post October 04, 2007, 10:03
by Clodagh & Dick
xx
Spuds in old tyres?

Started by thestens on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 05, 2012, 07:41
by thestens

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 38 queries.