Wine Buddy Kits on Offer at Tesco.....

• 3 Replies

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
Wine Buddy Kits on Offer at Tesco.....
« on: October 18, 2013, 20:56 »
I've just bottled up a Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon 7 day kit.  It was my first go at Homebrew and has been a great success so with that in mind I popped into my local Tesco Homeplus store to check out the Winebuddy kits that Mr G has posted about on here.  To my delight the 30 bottle kits were on offer for wait for it....... £5.50!!!!! They didn't have the Chardonnay but did have the Sauvignon Blanc and it would have rude not to buy one.....   ;)

Growster...

Re: Wine Buddy Kits on Offer at Tesco.....
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:07 »
Hey, Maxi..., that's an incredible deal, well done, that person!

I'd have bought the Sauvignon at £5.50, even if I didn't like it!

We bought two Chardonnay at full price on Thursday, and the racket the first one is making, is just amazing! We found that although you can pop a bottle after three hours maturing, it does improve even more after about three weeks...

But the first lot has gone, so we'll have to wait another few hours!

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 10:59 »
Well, I reckon that once I've bought the brewers sugar (about £8 from Wilko's) if I get 25 75cl bottles from the kit it'll work out at about 54p/55p a bottle!  Got to be worth a punt.  The Sauvignon kit has got great reviews on the Tesco Direct website so I'm anticipating great things.

You are very restrained Mr G.  I syhoned off a carafe of my red when I was bottling up on Tuesday afternoon for supping later on.  Very nice too.  I think I will pop back into Tesco over the weekend and see if any of the Chardonnay kits have appeared at that price.

I rather liked pressing my ear up to the door of the spare room, where my fermenter was situated, and hear it chuntering away.....rather like a sourdough starter its like having another pet!

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 17:59 »
"You are very restrained Mr G.  I syphoned off a carafe of my red when I was bottling up on Tuesday afternoon for supping later on"

Ha ha ha!

I think our record is immediate supping as well, but that wasn't recently, and also I had red wine all over the floor when the syphon came apart back then..;0)

I was totally amazed, when I peered into the five galloner, and could see the bottom as clear as anything, within 24 hours! Amazing!

I suppose it may be worth me getting the car out and driving to Bristol for a deal like yours! Excellent, Maxi, you're a star buyer!

xx
Wine buddy...

Started by Growster... on Homebrew

6 Replies
Last post September 19, 2013, 16:50
by Growster...
xx
Wine kits

Started by kegs on Homebrew

9 Replies
Last post October 28, 2011, 20:55
by Growster...
xx
Wine kits

Started by fallen angel on Homebrew

5 Replies
Last post July 01, 2007, 18:29
by Celtic Eagle
xx
Wine Kits

Started by Riala on Homebrew

18 Replies
Last post September 22, 2008, 18:56
by Yabba

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.