Hospital money waste

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Hospital money waste
« on: March 06, 2024, 14:54 »
Yesterday, I had a Rheumo appointment some way out of the area.  I rang for a hospital car.
Coming home, I had to wait over 2 hours, which is ok, I don't expect a chauffeur service.
Two "Jack the Lads" approximately late 20's 30's.  I was the only person in the large ambulance, normally it is a car.
These two were showing each other their play-lists etc and generally joshing around.   They didn't want to use one of the routes available, because they finished at 5.30pm, and taking the route they chose, in heavy traffic, they told me that  the reason was because there would not be enough time to do another journey
and they wanted to go home.  It was approximately 4pm.     I did offer to pay for my trip when I booked it, but apparently that is not allowed.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Hospital money waste
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 09:43 »
Tell me about it Mrs B. I used to work in the NHS and I know how much money is wasted on things like buying cheaper products that don't live up to scratch, someone spent a lot of time preparing an email regarding what clothes are permitted to wear, their colours, no patterned ones, natural hair colour only, and must have been done by a man because men's clothes and ties weren't mentioned, I could go on but I'll end up having a rant!  :wacko:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

wighty

Re: Hospital money waste
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 17:00 »
I have five boxes of scissors (Chinese take away size) that I've collected over the years.  Would it not be cheaper to take them back, sterilise them, and put them back into circulation.  Apparently not, it's cheaper to get a new pair. I've seen  District Nurses rip open packs, use half the contents and put the rest in the bin! (I rescued it and took it home, in case).

xx
Hospital appointment reminder text ??

Started by Hampshire Hog on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 20, 2022, 12:12
by Hampshire Hog
xx
No waste in the NHS.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2022, 10:50
by hasbeans
xx
NHS Waste.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 21, 2020, 19:48
by wighty
xx
What Would you do with loadsa Money

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post September 10, 2019, 08:38
by Christine

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 41 queries.