What Would you do with loadsa Money

• 10 Replies

mrs bouquet

What Would you do with loadsa Money
« on: September 08, 2019, 10:36 »
I would buy 2 new pairs of crocs, a winter pair and a summer pair.     I would be completely decadent and keep my CH on all day.   (I am sooo cold-already).   I would pay for somebody to cook for me.  I would pay somebody to dig holes for my planting and do the heavy things in the garden.   That is, if I could actually find people to do these tasks for me.    (A person like Aidy would be ideal  :D )
What would you do  ??        Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: What Would you do with loadsa Money
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 13:14 »
If it's after we move house, I'd be able to afford to get it as we want straight away, go on another Hebridean cruise, take my OH away on a surprise trip on the Orient Express, then I'd see what's left, keep half and give the rest to those little charities who struggle to find the money to keep going.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 14:12 »
I'd buy a controversial building site here, then cancel planning so that the village could enjoy the benefits as long as I lived - then I'd issue a legal covenant which stated that that houses would never be built there -  ever.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 16:40 »
I have had a covenant put on my Mum's property ( which is next to mine).   It prevents anybody parking commercial vehicles, caravans or motorhomes anywhere on the property.    I don't want to look at that !

Mrs Bouquet

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 17:32 »
I would keep quiet about it

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 19:18 »
I’d pay off the children’s mortgages, look longingly at a house with a walled garden, but most probably not buy it as I love where I live & going to the allotment. I’d certainly employ someone who does the housework & ironing, hopefully x 2 a week. Give my sister a good chunk of it so she could totally retire. There’s a few charities I’d look seriously into & give to if I was sure the money would go to where I intended it to. Then I’d sit back & enjoy a few holidays etc
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 23:35 »
Me and the good lady head of department her indoors, would buy an old farm and set up an animal sanctuary and take in all the waifs and strays. Then I'd buy myself a Sierra Cosworth RS500 and spend a month at the Nurburgring in motoring bliss.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 22:03 »
.    (A person like Aidy would be ideal  :D )
     Mrs Bouquet
All the money in the world  and you still would not be able to afford me dear!  ;)
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

jaydig

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 08:13 »
I'd buy a controversial building site here, then cancel planning so that the village could enjoy the benefits as long as I lived - then I'd issue a legal covenant which stated that that houses would never be built there -  ever.
We have a similar situation in the town where I live, and I would quite happily buy the land and ensure that it can never be built on.  Our little  (what was)  market town is being strangled to death by non-stop development.

al78

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 08:36 »
Quit the day job, buy a plot of land in the Scottish Highlands, and build an eco-friendly house using locally sourced materials, supplied with renewable energy generated on site, rainwater harvesting, and enough land left over to have an allotment and maybe chickens. Then I could start on a Munro bagging career.

Christine

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 08:38 »
I'd hate to have loadsa money. It's too much of a responsibility. I'm knocking on a bit and there's far too many in the family who would be at the funeral.

xx
Laundered money

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2020, 20:05
by Yorkie
xx
Hospital money waste

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 07, 2024, 17:00
by wighty

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 46 queries.