Carry-On Allotmenting

• 18 Replies

SimonWray

Re: Carry-On Allotmenting
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 21:05 »
You know - if there is a heaven then Sandra is looking down on you, shaking her head, and saying "I knew he wasn't listening to me"!   :D  Remember, it's not just you - my OH would struggle like you ... 

Sandra actually taught me a garden-party trick; she'd say that I knew loads about flowers to our friends, point out a Cape Daisy and ask 'what's that?' to which I trotted out the pavlovian response of 'osteospermum' to appreciatvice oohs and aahs!  :tongue2:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 21:07 »
Pop your rough location into your profile, Simon.

We may have someone local to you who can assist you.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Brambles

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 21:23 »
Simon... Just don't stress about it.   You will do a brilliant job just by taking it one step at a time.   Do the best with what you know for this year... as things come into leaf you will recognise lots of them (or someone here will!)..  Just enjoy your time on your plot, if you do dig something up that is a special vegetable, it will not be too big a deal, you can re-plant or re-seed at another time.   Talk to your fellow allotmenteers/neighbours... and don't be frightened to ask here.   The most important thing to remember is to love your plot, enjoy it and you will automatically learn lots. 

till730

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 23:15 »
hi there. just had alook at your pics and image 083 is green manure and it looks ready to cut down and dig in now. but shouldnt hurt if you leave it abit untill it gets warmer. 076 i think are carrots. but the most important thing to remember is dont forget your flask when you go down to your lotti   :)

xx
So very p***ed off allotmenting......

Started by rhysdad on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 27, 2011, 22:25
by AnneB
xx
New here, new to allotmenting!

Started by emma5306 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post January 29, 2010, 10:54
by DD.
xx
Got a few days off for allotmenting

Started by fibilou on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 06, 2008, 20:55
by potatopotato
xx
Do blue tomatoes carry on growing

Started by Swing Swang on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 19, 2010, 07:09
by Swing Swang

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 33 queries.