arrggh rats!!

• 2 Replies

lanky lurcher

arrggh rats!!
« on: May 05, 2008, 14:57 »
:evil:
spotted a rat that's nesting under my shed the other day,returned to my allotment today and the rats have demolished all my seedlings/seeds that were potted up in my cold frame !!
does anyone know what they're likely to eat? eg are all my crops going to be vulnerable ?
apparently i can hire a trap from our allotment site,but i'm away on hols now for a week so it'll have to wait.
However, after searching for killing methods i read about putting down dried rice as they are unable to digest this,i put down 3 lots but i know what canny creatures they are !  i am unable to put down poison as my 2 dogs occasionally spend time on the allotment.  i don't like killing creatures but feel that my hands are tied with this

Charlwood1005

arrggh rats!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 21:30 »
get on to your local council, they will send the environmental health people who will put down traps that will be safe with the dogs.  In our area we had same problem and it was a free service.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
arrggh rats!!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 21:33 »
Where in lancs are you charlwood, if you dont mind me asking
(or just tell me to 's*d off for being a nosy begger!)
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

xx
Rats

Started by Mr Bean on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post February 15, 2009, 14:13
by woodburner
xx
Rats?

Started by ferreter51 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 25, 2011, 21:42
by loam ranger
xx
rats

Started by hoporus on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 09:18
by Livinhope
xx
Rats

Started by Diggerpete on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 13, 2011, 21:20
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 37 queries.