iron horse

• 4 Replies

rowlandwells

iron horse
« on: January 31, 2019, 13:33 »
does anyone own or remember the iron horse I think they where called the Anzarni but I could be mistaken they had a JAP petrol engine that started with a crank handle and it had large  iron wheals with big metal handles with two levers that you pulled one when you wanted to turn left or right and a log handle that controlled the gears

they where big and clumsy but they did the job I think they where mainly bought by market gardeners I bought one second hand but boy was it hard to handle but I was a younger man then but you really knew it after a couple of hours with that  I wish now I hadn't got rid of it now you sometimes see them at agricultural rallies the one I owned had a scuffle and a plough I progressed   from the iron horse  to a merry tiller much easier to use but I wondered if anyone remembered that machine

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: iron horse
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 14:11 »
This one?
British Anzani Iron Horse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o2HmR4LvEE

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 15:01 »
your correct MUM  that's what it was called what a beast :D

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 20:09 »
Astonishing what's out there on YouTube (no wonder it's the most visited website by today's youngsters, although I doubt many of them are ploughing through that particular one.)   ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 06:19 »
May be before your time, Mum, but Anzani had a building firm in Maidstone, near where Sainsbury's is now, and parked outside their offices, was one of their original British Anzani tourers! It was a beautiful little car!

In fact my old property boss was once MD for Anzani Developments back then...

xx
Iron-on hem tape

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 30, 2020, 20:30
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 40 queries.