do any of you go to the RHS events

• 3 Replies

rowlandwells

do any of you go to the RHS events
« on: November 28, 2017, 18:38 »
do any of you go to the RHS garden shows like Malvern Chatsworth NEC Birmingham or others not mentioned we went to the new RHS Chatsworth show last year we found the organisation of this event was very poor especially parking and getting access to the show

I mailed my concerns to the RHS asking if things where going to be better organised next year but I also mentioned that a good time was had by all at the Malvern autumn show I think it makes it all a better day when its properly organised

so if any of you go to the RHS shows how do you rate them and what in your opinion was  the best show you have visited in 2017 and are you visiting any in 2018

Elaine G

Re: do any of you go to the RHS events
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 19:34 »
I have only been to Malvern - a few years ago -  and Hampton court this year. Traffic getting to Hampton court was a minor nightmare, but it was only sheer volume and they were getting people in and parked as rapidly as possible.

I don't remember any problems at Malvern.

I had heard that Chatsworth was a bit of a nightmare, made worse by bad weather I think.

I am tempted by Cardiff, so interested to see if anyone has any bad reports about driving there!!

Slightly off topic, I remember going to Stoneleigh when the girls were small and having to be towed out of the mud  :lol:

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 21:01 »
I too went to the RHS show at Chatsworth last year - took about an hour just to exit the car park!

A valuable institution which is worth supporting, but these events are very expensive and don't provide the sort of experience likely to teach you much about the nuts and bolts of actual gardening in any shape or form IMHO.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 17:38 »
yes I have to agree with you JayG unfortunately it is on the expensive side even though your  RHS member and I noticed that all the plant stalls where basically selling there plants at the same price

although when we where at Malvern show after the bell went at 4 o'clock prices went down causing a stampede for buying plants and yes the empathize is more on selling gardening items rather than any growing advise especially on the veg growing side

we used to go to the NEC gardeners world every year as its less than an hour from our house by train  but it got as one would  say tired so we left of going but friends told us after they went last year it had got better so we mite give it another visit next year

xx
forthcoming events cancelled?

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post March 19, 2020, 08:06
by WeavingGryphon

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 39 queries.