Wisteria Stump

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Wisteria Stump
« on: April 20, 2019, 10:53 »
At last, the huge great big stump has gone.   The third person to have a go at it,  he is a "gardener" I use the term loosely,  because I am not sure that he knows plant names etc.  But he is very strong and very determined.   He used a crow-bar and a big Irish shovel and his hands.   The whole thing is out.  He did it where others have failed.   I will watch the ground very carefully, to see if anything pops up then zap it.

He planted five Echinacea, dug up a hardy fuchsia, split and replant.   Likewise with a lot of Rudbeckia, which I have passed on to friends.   He was very careful not to leave any air-pockets, and put some Multi-purpose into the holes as well.   He removed a dead fern, and then dug the beds over.     All that for £13/ hour and he was here for two.    I gave him 3 cuppas and a hot cross bun, (and his money)   I think he was my easter star.     :) :)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: Wisteria Stump
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 19:49 »
He might be a keeper then😉
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 20:18 »
I was so pleased I rang him up this morning to thank him.   Yes a "keeper" indeed.  I have already started his next list  :)  Mrs B

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 15:56 »
We have a "gardener" like that. He's quite a cob fellow if you know what I mean! He likes a coffee every hour to keep him going, loves to tidy up, have bonfires (though we have to watch what he put on them in case we wanted them), digs up unwanted shrubs, helps my OH with non-gardening things like moving heavy stuff etc, is very willing to do whatever he can in the time he's got which is usually 5 hours, and all for £10 per hour. Sometimes we put the world to rights and all in all we get on very well. Couldn't do without him actually!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

clip
Tree stump, what to do!

Started by AndyRVTR on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post February 15, 2017, 15:54
by AndyRVTR
xx
Best Stump Killer ?

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post September 01, 2018, 15:51
by mrs bouquet
xx
tree stump question

Started by dmg on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 08:44
by mumofstig
xx
Wisteria

Started by Novice on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post July 14, 2008, 13:22
by Ruby Red

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 42 queries.