First ever egg but lol!!!

• 7 Replies

jinty1911

First ever egg but lol!!!
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:44 »
Got my first ever egg this morning but it's the size of a Cadbury's mini egg.  :wub: So tiny it's hilarious.  At least one of the girls is trying her best and maybe the next one will be big enough to eat.
Jinty

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: First ever egg but lol!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 13:13 »
First eggs are often like that Jinty.  It could be a wind egg with no yolk, or just a little tiny egg.  You may also get a few thin or no shelled eggs too.  But once they et the hang of it, you won't go back to buying shop eggs!  You'll probably go without until you get your own eggs again! lol

I've even got a lady in our village who's daughters won't eat an egg unless its one of mine!  They are going away tomorrow, and the only way her girls will eat an egg is for her to take some of ours with her!!   :D :D

jinty1911

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 13:21 »
I love it!! It's so cute and I just laugh every time I look at it.  Cant wait to show my Grand  daughters  :D

jinty1911

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 18:53 »
Well decided I had to see what was inside tiny wee egg, so boiled it for 1 minute and cut it in half.  Perfectly formed with large (well very very small) yolk.  So half each for hubby and me.  It was delious.  Can't wait for tomorrow to see if there's a bigger one.  :D
Jinty

daisy1990

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 19:23 »
lucky you, our three girls are showing no signs of laying, we look with eager anticipation every morning but no joy!
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 22:58 »
Well decided I had to see what was inside tiny wee egg, so boiled it for 1 minute and cut it in half.  Perfectly formed with large (well very very small) yolk.  So half each for hubby and me.  It was delious.  Can't wait for tomorrow to see if there's a bigger one.  :D
Jinty

LOL Jinty, I can just picture you and hubby sitting around this tiny egg, trying to cut it in half!!  Did you have bread and butter soldiers with it?:D :D

jertzee

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 01:04 »
 Did you have bread and butter soldiers with it?:D :D

Don't laugh, we did when we got our first egg on Sunday

jinty1911

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 17:22 »
Ha ha no bread n butter.  We have a ceremony every tea time now.  2 wee tiny eggs boiled for 1 minute, cut in half , salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons each lol.  They are starting to get a bit bigger but still fall through egg holder in fridge.  :D :D
Jinty

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.