Doctors appointment

• 14 Replies

GraciesGran

Doctors appointment
« on: June 15, 2022, 19:52 »
Since having covid my asthma had been all over the place. Yesterday I spent 30 minutes to getting through to my GP for an appointment.  I am was told they'd phone in the afternoon but by it could be as late as 7.30. 

No phone call.

I spent another 30 minutes this morning, I explained that I hadn't my received a call yesterday and we was be promised a call today  before 7.30.

Nothing.

Fortunately my son in law is a paramedic and had put my mind at ease.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Doctors appointment
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 20:29 »
It's just not good enough is it? I think Government has to do something about the way GP services are being run.

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 22:37 »
There was talk recently about charging patients for missed appointments, can't help thinking it won't work for doctors not keeping appointments.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 12:03 »
Over here, we have routinely been charged for missed doctor and dental appointments.

I recently had a dental appointment (routine cleaning, xrays and exam) where the dentist missed the appointment! The assistant (hygienist) carried on with the appointment, and said the dentist would examine the x-rays later. He's usually the best dentist in our town so I'll let it slide (once). According to my wife I was charged a reduced rate.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 15:39 »
Well I got through to our Drs after about 4 attempts this morning & requested an appointment, told receptionist the reason, to be told a certain Dr would ring this morning, less than 1/2 hour later I got a phone call from receptionist to say Dr... would see me at 10:40!. So ff I trooped, hardly had time to sit down, given a letter to take to A& E, 3 hr wait the screen said, an hour later I was triaged, CT scan 1/2 hour later. 1 1/2 hours later I saw Dr who said no issues you can go home.
Now yes it was tedious in a & e waiting but I really think that is good service, biggest was £5.50 for car parking
Do you want to see the photos. Lol
FAC913B9-03AA-4360-940B-8A8656F6C6ED.jpeg
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 18:10 »
Goodness me! You poor thing, what happened?

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 18:53 »
That looks extremely painful!   What happened to you, you poor thing?

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 19:47 »
Just tried to book an appointment today at my surgery. Thought I would go in person and book the appointment. Clearly inappropriate, I was told that I had to phone up at 8.00 am in the morning or use an econsult. Totally ridiculous I have always booked my appointments in person as I don’t wish to sit on my phone for hours! I can probably work my way through the econsult but I’m sure there are others who couldn’t. Also given the way prices are going it won’t be long before there will be people who can’t afford a phone!!
Keep digging

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 21:20 »
My face isn’t painful but my head is. I was cutting down an old rotten apple tree stump on Monday afternoon. I’d sawed half way through , halfway up the 5ft trunk, when my plot neighbour said I think it’ll come out if you pull it, so I did & it snapped off & gave me a mighty bonk on my head. I felt the bump swelling immediately, if my plot neighbour hadn’t been there , there might have been a few choice words! Made my eyes water & chattered my teeth. Just a slight cut to my scalp. All fine Tuesday & Wednesday morning & then by the afternoon that started to appear  :wacko:.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 12:17 »
Oh snowdrop, that looks sore.  Treat yourself to a relaxing day especially in this heat.  Then get a hardhat with a flip down visor.    Then ask the neighbour to cut the tree down !    Take care bless you.   Mrs Bouqut
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 17:53 »
Hello as Mrs Bouquet suggests ask the neighbour to cut down the tree  ,,,  then kick the ladder away as they get half way up    jezza

GraciesGran

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 18:17 »
Hello as Mrs Bouquet suggests ask the neighbour to cut down the tree  ,,,  then kick the ladder away as they get half way up    jezza

Naughty but nice.

jezza

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 16:31 »
Hello my mothers had problems with some tablets causing acid,I asked for a doctors appointment 2 weeks ago,she got a phone call doctor said stop taking the problem tablet which she has,she got up on Thursday morning was very wobbly and went back to bed,I went to doctors and asked for an immediate appointment  no doctor at our surgery says receptionist ,I said have the number for the CQC   (Care  Quality Commission)got a call back from doctor she has an appointment with a human doctor (I hope)on Monday morning at 10am and another at 10.30 with the nurse for a blood test then another with the heart care nurse     jezza

GraciesGran

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 16:10 »
Needed an appointment for the dog at the vets.  Vet of our choosing, time of our choosing, apologies that the blood test results would not be back till the next day. 

Yes, know it cost £150 but GP could learn some customer relation skills rather than treat patients as a nuisance.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2022, 19:09 »
I completely agree with you ::)

xx
Doctors

Started by dugless on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 04, 2020, 13:48
by mrs bouquet
xx
Playing Doctors and Nurses.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 05, 2021, 14:37
by mrs bouquet
xx
Hospital appointment reminder text ??

Started by Hampshire Hog on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 20, 2022, 12:12
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 51 queries.