Growsterbike...

• 10 Replies

Growster...

Growsterbike...
« on: October 13, 2021, 10:58 »
Fame again on Google maps!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.0373933,0.5045782,3a,16.5y,241.24h,87.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suwuoa2Wr4rIyWYFWp-cVTA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

The St. George Flag gives you an idea of the day it was taken!

The 'NO' sign is because we're fed up with so many new developments over-crowding the village! There are plenty more of these signs up near the crossroads!

If you have more time to spare (waste), the van followed me up Conghurst Lane to the South, and several other pics are captured for eternity!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Growsterbike...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 10:29 »
Brilliant, Mr G  :D

Your google persona will live on forevermore.  You’ll become a digital fossil  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 12:20 »
Brilliant, Mr G  :D

Your google persona will live on forevermore.  You’ll become a digital fossil  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha - love it, Aunty!

Just picked a pound of chestnuts from the tree by the stone pillar (Collingwood House)...

This the third time I've been caught out; there used to be a clip of my old car in Heartenoak Lane! The other one was me walking JRT up to the church, which I hope has been banished!

Oh heck, the Heartenoak one is still there..:0~

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.0554041,0.5159286,3a,23.8y,130.02h,84.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sx27jahHlX8OcGp-3Z7En4A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 12:52 »
Wow… that’s a muddy lane,  Mr G  :ohmy:

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 13:04 »
Your sartorial elegance doesn't do you justice Mr G. Hope you have knee pads on under your denims in case of hidden potholes.  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 14:26 »
Wow… that’s a muddy lane,  Mr G  :ohmy:

There's a circle of rat-runs around our village, Aunty, and the kerbs are disintegrating fast. The Conghurst trip is usually full of speeders, so when they see me, they have to slow down, well, a bit...

If they let the golf course (400+ houses) go ahead, we can all whistle goodbye to decent motoring around here, so I'm getting my practice in first! Heartenoak is a different sort of trip, as it isn't really a direct rat-run, but it's used anyway, just to avoid the tail-backs at the crossroads! (That link is ages old)!

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 14:29 »
Your sartorial elegance doesn't do you justice Mr G. Hope you have knee pads on under your denims in case of hidden potholes.  :lol:

The new Growsterpanniers obviate unsteadiness to a certain extent, Goosey, but if I do a big shop, the bike runs out of puff sometimes, so I have to pedal a bit - luckily past my doctor's house, so he can see that I'm still trying...

;0)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 16:24 »
Can't you put some stabilisers on it  :D and a little shopping trolly on the back. :D :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 05:25 »
Ha ha ha, Mrs B!

Mrs Growster also suggested something similar, then suddenly dropped the idea when I suggested that she could ride on the back as well...

Last year, during 'lockup', I did a neighbour's shopping at the same time as our lot, and got back quite comfortably. The surprise came when I found that I could hardly lift the panniers off the back as they were so heavy, so that little 40volt motor really did make a difference!

I've got another heavy load to consider today, and will look outside when it's light, as potholes don't help small wheels...

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 10:14 »
I guess that leaves out mounting a harrow for the garden on the back of the bicycle then ...  :( :tongue2: :D
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 11:26 »
Ha ha ha, SubP!

You're closer than you think, as when we had the allotment, just down a couple of roads, I was thinking of making up some wheels to go on the Mantis tiller, so I could 'drive' down there...

Mantis don't have drive wheels, just drive attachments, so they'd have to be wooden and somehow attached to a set of tines!

Don't really need them now, as we only garden at home!

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 47 queries.