advice on sore leg

• 4 Replies

nzdunn

advice on sore leg
« on: September 13, 2009, 14:54 »
i noticed yesterday evening that my barnie seemed to be not on one of her legs, i only noticed it when she ran the length of the garden to come in, seemed to be cantering on her legs as it were instead of smoothly running with both legs.  When she walks it seems fine, but when stood still she tends to take the weight of it onto the other leg, seems to be laying down abit more aswell.   I carnt see any swelling to the leg and the underside of her foot seems ok, i will get her out of the coup tonite for a proper inspection as its far too hot today to be chasing her to try and catch her.    Any suggestions as to wot might be wrong, and wot kind of treatment i could get from the vets tomorrow.   nickyx

colliebird

• Experienced Member
Re: advice on sore leg
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 15:09 »
as its far too hot today to be chasing her to try and catch her.    Any suggestions as to wot might be wrong, and wot kind of treatment i could get from the vets tomorrow.   nickyx

Too hot!!! ???  Where are you? The Bahamas?
Here in Lincolnshire we're back to winter fleeces!! At the moment it's 7 Celsius outside!

xxx
Valerie

"The moral progress of a nation can be judged by the way it treats its animals" - Gandhi

poultrygeist

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 16:28 »
Hi Nicky.

There's a similar query here http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=45103.0

It's about a call duck but I suspect the advice given is probably relevant to your hen. Just to keep an eye on her and she should improve over the next day or two. If it persists, or gets worse, a vet may need to look, or at least give her another good check for breaks or other problems. :)

Rob 8)

nzdunn

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 19:26 »
as its far too hot today to be chasing her to try and catch her.    Any suggestions as to wot might be wrong, and wot kind of treatment i could get from the vets tomorrow.   nickyx

Too hot!!! ???  Where are you? The Bahamas?
Here in Lincolnshire we're back to winter fleeces!! At the moment it's 7 Celsius outside!

xxx
i wish no sorry in northern ireland its been baking here today.

nzdunn

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 20:29 »
i brought her in just there and had a good look at the leg but carnt see or feel anything, no swellings, she definately is limping on the leg now as hubby noticed it also :(, checked her feet and underside all look fine, thought i could feel abit more heat in the leg though compared to the other, would an anti inflamority be ideal for her.   nickyx

xx
advice needed please sore bum

Started by Hawkins on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 24, 2011, 17:53
by Hawkins
xx
Chicken with sore bottom, advice needed.

Started by mtoyne on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 25, 2008, 19:01
by mtoyne
xx
Sore - what could the cause be?

Started by scooter on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 16:17
by scooter
xx
Sore Bum

Started by chickenlicken on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 22, 2009, 19:19
by mrs.ploppy

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 36 queries.