Took a chance

• 3 Replies

Barry C

• Experienced Member
Took a chance
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:40 »
We departed for a 2 week holiday back on 28th April, booked it over 12 months ago, so hadn't thought much about the garden  :blush:

Before we went I decided to risk planting out as much as possible, there's only so much I can put on non gardening neighbours! The weather in the lead up to going was very cold and even frosts of a night time, so fleece was covering stuff each night. Tomatoes planted up in the greenhouse, the potato sacks and dahlia pots had been taken out of greenhouse, everything else, lettuce, pak choi, various leaves and seedlings planted out, luckily it warmed up a couple of days before we went, so bit the bullet.

Abandoned the fleece just before we went, tidied everything up, actually planted out the dahlias, biggest risk, so fingers crossed.

Returned late Friday night ........ almost everything was OK, in fact more than OK, apart from a few pak choi plants which have bolted  :)
Tomatoes doing well, one or two long side shoots, but nothing startling, very happy with my non gardening garden minder, excuse for a beer or two next weekend  ;) 

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Took a chance
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06 »
Glad it worked out for you so well :)   

ididntdoit

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 20:57 »
Well done! A gardener with a holiday booked has to do the best they can. Glad it turned out well.

Tell us, did you think about the garden survival on holiday or just forget about it?

Barry C

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:01 »
Must admit I hardly gave it a thought until near the end of the cruise, was too busy otherwise  ;)

xx
Second chance ?

Started by Cleo on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 26, 2008, 14:53
by peapod
xx
celeriac 2nd chance

Started by svenrufus on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2010, 16:44
by Jodie A
xx
Spuds ...what chance have they got?

Started by Plottered on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 18, 2010, 16:14
by Plottered
xx
whats the chance of

Started by gimli on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 26, 2010, 00:30
by shokkyy

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 36 queries.