Treat yourself to anything nice lately?

• 20 Replies

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
Re: Treat yourself to anything nice lately?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 12:28 »
Ooh tell us more  :nowink:

Moving up from a basic 6’ x6’ aluminium one that is about 20 years old to a fancy coloured one that in truth is only 4 foot longer but will give more space, and be prettier.  The old is intact and will be given away if I can  work out how to do that.  there is only one cracked pane of glass.  I am hoping to start dismantling it next weekend as I need a bigger base which needs to be built.

It’s very exciting -  a little retirement present to myself  :nowink:
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 08:33 »
Did you by chance get it from Marshall’s when it was reduced to £175?

Sorry missed this question. I bought it direct from their own website. I have got the mini version on the way, which is £150 with free delivery.

Our council have issued us with small black food waste caddys to go out with the bins each week, but I am not keen. We don’t tend to bin food, but the hot bin will deal with any we have, plus let me make some decent mulch at home for raised beds in not much time and with limited space :)

I’m justifying it as a useful indulgence. The result of having to work loads of hours at job no. 2 as we are so busy and having nowhere to spend it   :blush:  :lol:

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 20:18 »
I think this qualifies as a treat , Mrs Tenhens bought me ' Dig for Victory ' which came with some free seeds. Written by some chap from North Wales ( apparently  ;) )   

Very interesting reading.

Looking forward to the companion volume.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Christine

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 18:09 »
You know Tenhens I ordered the same thing this afternoon. Pure extravagance  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 18:17 »
For some time, we've been looking for DVDs of series that we liked when they came out, but can't get now, as they were on VHS, and aren't available.

We had a bit of luck with one, 'Moving Story', with the fabulous Warren Clarke, and in fact, it's on Youtube now, so we've seen the lot for free!

The other two have been more difficult, but we found - by accident - a site of a small firm  which copies the VHS tapes to DVD, and then sells them as normal. It's a firm called WWW.FOUNDTHATFILM.CO.UK, and while we don't advertise here, it's worth looking at for that lost film or series! They've been very good at communication.

We've just bought 'The Paradise Club', and 'Roger Roger', both of which we remember have great stories, and also some good acting names too!

I'll let you know how we get on with the quality of the productions, but it is still a treat to have stuff you really do want to see, rather than have to put up with what they tell you to watch on today's TV!

(And I'm not being grumpy - honest)!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 18:18 by Growster... »

Christine

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 15:52 »
Not sure it counts as nice but 2 new batteries for the little old camera that still works some 17 years on perfectly well. It's not much bigger than a mobile phone and does a better job of taking pictures - it's dodo at making phone calls mind.  :lol:  ;)

I likes this camera and it's lasted longer than a few phones.

xx
TMS cricket treat

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post April 30, 2020, 22:41
by Tenhens
clip
Wouldn't it be nice

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post August 18, 2018, 20:51
by snowdrops
clip
Sometimes it's nice to enjoy the view . . .

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post April 23, 2021, 17:20
by Goosegirl
xx
nice to be back on site

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post August 22, 2018, 09:43
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 45 queries.