We should all stop moaning

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

We should all stop moaning
« on: February 15, 2021, 19:57 »
I am fed up with people moaning because of holidays, yes, I'd like a holiday, The ships are waiting moored in the English Channel  -  but I would rather be safe.   Pubs and restaurants opening, Yes, I'd like that as well.  but I would rather be safe.
I have just been on a Virtual Trip to Luxor.  It is 29c this evening.  Nobody wearing masks, no Covid injections, and the government have no idea if there will be.   Yes, people out there have covid and are just dying.     So let us all just shut up and put up and be SAFE.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

Re: We should all stop moaning
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:01 »
Hello we are lucky at least our government are doing something,I have been chatting to a friend in South Africa she has had a stroke recently and was iin a hospital ward with 30 other people  7 had Covid ,, theres no vaccination program  over there,a friend in America says that there has been vaccinations but only if its paid for, we need to keep safe so holidays can wait   jezza

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 16:00 »
I am fed up with people moaning because of holidays, yes, I'd like a holiday, The ships are waiting moored in the English Channel  -  but I would rather be safe.   Pubs and restaurants opening, Yes, I'd like that as well.  but I would rather be safe.
I have just been on a Virtual Trip to Luxor.  It is 29c this evening.  Nobody wearing masks, no Covid injections, and the government have no idea if there will be.   Yes, people out there have covid and are just dying.     So let us all just shut up and put up and be SAFE.    Mrs Bouquet

Well said Mrs B  :D

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 17:16 »
Well I for one enjoy a good moan...

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 19:16 »
absolutely rite Mum couldn't agree more with your comments and I've just watched on the midlands news that police broke up a rave or something like that in Birmingham at the weekend and some of those 150 people there through bottles at the police injuring one officer

they where subsequently fined and also the DJ faces a fine of £10.000 not enough but every little helps  :D they should lock um up and through away the key

we all know the rules that have been set in place to help us fight this virus and protect the NHS  and front line workers and above all save lives because there's some that would like to have gone on holiday but will thank to this virus never go now

and its not about moaning its getting people to wake up to what this terrible  virus can do to love ones of all ages because it takes no prisoners does it?

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 12:16 »
In addition to Luxor's Covid problem, it has very very little income now, because it has always been entirely dependent on Tourism.   There is nothing else going on there.   Mrs B

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 14:04 »
At least these moaners are still breathing so they should be thankful for that little bit of bit of luxury. As for holidays, if they don't have one this year it means they've got loads more wonga for a bigger one next year. 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

al78

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 20:43 »
To be honest, I'm fed up with people telling others to stop moaning. You don't know them or what they are going through, who are you to tell them what they should and shouldn't moan about? Sometimes moaning is a good way of venting frustration rather than bottling it up, which is arguably worse. Yes there is such a thing as putting things into perspective, but there is a very thin line between that and the fallacy of relative privation.

I have booked a holiday in Scotland at the beginning of June, taking a chance it will be allowed, but if not I can get a full refund on the accommodation. I'm not going to be particularly fussed if I can't go, I can always reschedule in September or next year, the Scottish mountains aren't going anywhere.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 23:27 »
To be honest, I'm fed up with people telling others to stop moaning. You don't know them or what they are going through, who are you to tell them what they should and shouldn't moan about? Sometimes moaning is a good way of venting frustration rather than bottling it up, which is arguably worse. Yes there is such a thing as putting things into perspective, but there is a very thin line between that and the fallacy of relative privation.

I think that’s the first moan about moaning we’ve had   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 08:05 »
Ha ha ha, Auntie!

To quote Blackadder responding to Miss Ploppy, 'I expect the long winter evenings just fly by'!

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 49 queries.