got this recipe from a bunny site i use ....www.backyardbunnies.co.uk

kilo minced rabbit meat
Pasta
Tinned Tomatoes
Tomato puree
Mixed herbs
Onion, thinly sliced
Green pepper, thinly sliced
Shape the meat into small balls, no bigger than a large marble.  Gently brown the balls in the frying pan, then add the sliced onion. Continue cooking until the onion softens.  Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, sliced peppers and a good sprinkling of mixed herbs and cook for about half an hour, until the tomato sauce has thickened, the meat is cooked through and the pasta is ready!
still alive /............

Trillium

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 23:27 »
Sorry, can't stand the taste of rabbit meat.   :tongue2:

EVIE

Re: muntjacs recipe slot
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2007, 22:39 »
[Hi muntjac, my friend once killed a muntjac by accident, i dont think she has ever got over the trauma, i myself am a veggie, so would not consider eating the muntjac or anything else with a face, look forward to some veggie ideas excluding muntjac or any other living creature.

Evie
Evie

EVIE

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 22:40 »
.Dont eat rabbit, never even tasted it, they are pets arnt they.

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 13:41 »
no they run wild eat the barley n other crops humans depend on.. including vegetarians  :wink:  :lol:

Annie

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2007, 14:09 »
munty,for roast toms I keep it simple.put toms cut side up on roasting tray ,sprinkle with sea salt and chopped garlic,drizzle with olive oil in hot oven and cook until the toms just catch before they start to blacken.Throw into food processor with a large handfull of basil and blitz.Freeze.This makes a good sauce for pasta,on pizza or diluted with chicken or veg. stock a very nice soup.I did try bottling last year but they tended to ferment!

mushroom

Quick Curried Liver
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 13:17 »
Seemingly unlikely dish with great taste. Use lambs or pigs liver, lambs is best. Cook on a medium heat, and not for too long. You want the middle of the liver to be cooked, but pink - this way it stays tender.

1. Cut the liver into one and a half inch shapes/cubes - you don't want to make them too small. A good chunk size at the end of a fork.

2. oil up a non-stick pan with a few teaspoons sunflower oil, put on a medium heat.

3. get together some GOOD curry powder - hot Madras works well. make sure it's fresh, or make some yourself from seeds/spices.

4. put some curry powder on a kitchen surface and roll the liver into the powder, so that all sides are covered, and transfer into the hot frying pan.

5. allow to sizzle, turn making sure done on all sides, check make sure it's done in the middle, and serve. Cooking time is about 10 minutes on my gas ring, will be a bit longer and trickier on electric.

gobs

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 22:39 »
Pigeon soup

A couple of young pigeons, small amount of fat, a few slices of streaky bacon, 200 g  of mixed root veg(do not add parsnip, please include if you can celery or celeriac), 20 gram flour, 1/2 lemon, 1 egg yolk, couple of sprigs of tarragon, seasoning.

Soften off quartered pigeons on streaky bacon with lard, add roughly chopped roots, dust with flour, add seasoning with tarragon,  fill to cover all with favourite appropiate stock(I just use home veg), cook till everything tender. Remove from heat and add half lemon's juice and one egg yolk, stir well in and serve.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 15:34 »
here's a nice rabbit recipe for ya .you need to work fast to get the last of the growing tips on the nettles .substitute beet spinach if you need to  :wink:

Rabbit with nettles

By Mark Hinge

from shooting times

Inspired by the wild foods on his shoot, Mark Hinge cooks rabbit with nettles

Ingredients

• a rabbit • stinging nettle
tips • a handful of wild mint
• a handful of wild thyme
• mushrooms • smoked bacon
• salt and pepper

Method

1. Wearing a glove, harvest the tips of the nettles. Take the top inch, including the stalk tip, of the stinging nettles and fill a carrier bag about quarter-full. Wash thoroughly and then steam or blanch them in boiling water for a few minutes to remove the sting. Wash the mint and thyme and take the leaves off the stalks.

2. Roughly chop the mushrooms. Take a sheet of tin foil and place some nettles and herbs on to the foil, then season with salt and pepper. Take the jointed rabbit and layer it with the mushrooms, nettles and herbs and then a layer of bacon, seasoning as you go along. Make two or three layers. Finish the dish off with some of the nettles.

3. Wrap the tin foil loosely to make a parcel and place in an oven at 180°C for 35 to 40 minutes. After 25 minutes open the tin foil up, baste and leave the the foil open so that the meat can brown.

Tips

One jointed rabbit will serve four people. Use only young tender nettle shoots. If you can't find wild mint and thyme, use fresh herbs from the garden or even dried herbs. The nettles and their juices will give a slightly astringent taste to the meat and it is very refreshing as a clear sauce. Keep the boiled nettle water, as when it is cooled and chilled it is great to drink as a tea. It is supposed to have all kinds of good health qualities.

gobs

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 17:19 »
We are having a hill of mashed potatoes, surrounded by a lake of sorrel sauce with fried gammon on top. Yum.

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2007, 21:34 »
i have a couple brace fresh partridge ,fed up with roasted n spatched etc ,lets have a nice new one i dont know please folks  :wink:

muntjac

recipe for partridge needed
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2007, 21:34 »
i have a couple brace fresh partridge ,fed up with roasted n spatched etc ,lets have a nice new one i dont know please folks  :wink:

Selkie

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007, 21:35 »
so good you said it twice :wink:  :wink:

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2007, 21:54 »
its done that a couple times tonite lol, cant edit it out now  :lol:

xx
Val's Recipies

Started by Aunt Sally on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post June 22, 2008, 16:36
by Aunt Sally
xx
Egg Recipies

Started by cejx on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

12 Replies
Last post June 17, 2011, 08:36
by Debsie
xx
minty recipies please

Started by stompy on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

17 Replies
Last post August 19, 2006, 20:58
by tetley
xx
Vegetarian and Vegan Recipies

Started by The Moderating Team on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

49 Replies
Last post April 16, 2012, 08:17
by BussinSpain

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 38 queries.