cupboard clearout!

• 7 Replies

wighty

cupboard clearout!
« on: December 31, 2021, 16:53 »
We've spent this week during some time off cleaning out the kitchen cupboards.  We haven't had a dishwasher for about five years since the last one went heavenwards so why have we still got dishwasher salt, tablets and finisher?  We also found some salad croutons BB 2014 (the seagulls enjoyed them).  The dried cherries are only six months out of date but they're dried so I think they can go back in the cupboard. Three more cupboards to go, what else are we going to find?

Growster...

Re: cupboard clearout!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 17:14 »
Certainly some tins or tomatoes, which were going to take us through lockdown last year!

The longest date of stuff I found was 2013 for some dried spice...

Still alive, so what does it matter?

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 19:52 »
Wighty, how does that happen cos it happens in our cupboards too even though I know I’ve done them since that date more than once,twice or even thrice!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 20:04 »
I just went and had a quick look in mine. I have fish sauce best before 2011. There was also a large jar of Sarsons white pickling vinegar which had corroded the metal lid so I've managed to at least chuck something out  :)

I've not had a clear out since I built the kitchen which I think was 2008 so I imagine some of the odd stuff like bamboo shoots, evaporated milk and baking powder are going to be well out of date.

lettice

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 10:32 »
Had to have a new washing machine just before Christmas, old one gave up after 15 years of use.
Looked in the kitchen cupboard next to the machine and in the box of bits, like the original travel bolts, some free samples that never got used (quite a congealed mess), plus hot and cold supply cables from the previous to the old washing machine.

New washing machine came with some of those weird ariel pods and  odd looking lenor granule samples that will never use as not our favourites, a new cold supply cable and more travel bolts. The bolts will go back in the box. The old cables and new and old samples went in the bin.

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 13:27 »
we really need to have a look in our cupboards to check on BBFD  I know we have used most just in date foods when the lock down first started and that goes for the freezers to I usually empty the  freezers one at a time bringing last years frozen fruit and veg to the top to use first

talking about clearout we still have some squashes and marrow to eat from last year  some have gone over and also a box or two of beetroot we pulled before Christmas going to eat them as a veg

wighty

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 16:30 »
I am so glad to know I'm not the only one! :D

MrsPea

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 17:15 »
I've still got 2 cubboards to do, we spent boxing day cleaning and painting kitchen just to freshen it up, another lovely feeling.  :)
I Love my green house

xx
Cupboard clear out

Started by New shoot on Kitchen Natter

41 Replies
Last post February 06, 2015, 15:41
by chrissie B
xx
Does anyone have milled flax seed in their cupboard

Started by Beetroot Queen on Kitchen Natter

6 Replies
Last post November 15, 2014, 06:46
by Beetroot Queen

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 45 queries.