accupuncture and hydrotherapy - anybody got any experience?

• 19 Replies

Agatha

Re: accupuncture and hydrotherapy - anybody got any experience?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 13:15 »
Just remembered that my friend's old dog had arthritis and was especially bad in cold or wet weather.  They bought her a fleece-lined dog coat for bad weather and it did seem to help, especially with her hip joints.  Wondered if it might help Ollie?
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 10:07 »
Ollie already wears a dog coat most of the time, but thank you anyway.
Staffies are softer than you think.

wildwitchy

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 21:43 »
I used to give pippa evening primrose oil & cod liver oil 1000mg daily for many years. I do think it did help. Plus she had a part BARF diet/ tinned butchers tripe. She was a big GSD and got to be 13. It was only up untill last summer really that she needed to go on metacam daily till Oct.

Due to a RTA at a early age, she needed hydrotherapy & it saved her life. I would thoughly recommend it for dogs. It's brilliant. If you want to know about alternative therapies for animals, there is a excellent, eminent vet I can recommend. His work is amazing & travels the country. He is a homeopathic vet too & has helped me on a number occasions.

http://www.facebook.com/AVMC.UK  His name is Christopher Day.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 23:04 »
Charlie is allergic to cod liver oil so I dont give it to any of my girls. I have got a very good herbal animal book somewhere so will have to find that to see what it says. It was this book that confirmed Charlies allergy.
Ollie is loving her swimming and is doing great on the 5000mg of glucosamine and chondroitin plus 2 green lipped muscle capsules. My vet has told me about an equine powder version of glucosamine and chondroitin so when the tablets run out I shall get some of that to sprinkle on their food.
The tinned butchers tripe is good and they all have a bit of that with their tablets stuck in it on top of their dry food.

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16 »
Joyfull so pleased ollie enjoyed the hydrotherapy. My dogs have salmon oil I wonder if that would be ok?? The most important thing is ollie has a good owner and you definately are what a lucky pup  :)

xx
Anyone have experience of . . . . .

Started by evie2 on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2011, 08:50
by joyfull
xx
buying a tortoise experience

Started by azubah on Pets without Feathers

14 Replies
Last post December 22, 2009, 06:27
by karlooben

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 39 queries.