Eating and Drinking > Kitchen Natter

Food waste - I think I might have a problem…

(1/5) > >>

New shoot:
I always have been a bit obsessed with not wasting food, but it is getting worse  :lol:

I did cheat a bit with these as I got the lemons, limes and the maderin oranges from work as freebies (on date, reduced and not sold), but I caught myself thinking I must pick up some more cheapo ice cube trays so I can extend my stocks if the opportunity arises ::)

Fruit zested with a micro plane grater and juiced, then put together to make juice and zest cubes. I got a lemon one out today to use in cooking and very useful it was to have on hand, but going a bit too far to save stuff or not… :unsure: 

mumofstig:
I used to do things like that and It's great if you have spare/enough freezer space  :)
I only have one under-counter freezer, now, so very limited on what I can cram in there.
Even doing my usual online shop, makes me double check available space before I push that buy button   :lol:  :lol:

Yorkie:
That's an interesting way of saving them. How many of each fruit were needed to make those ice cubes, do you think? And did you just use them in a drink, or another way?

New shoot:
About 1 fruit per cube, but they were all fairly small whole fruits.  I am going to use the orange ones as ice in soft drinks like lemonade to add some zip.  The lemon and lime were intended for cooking, but I am now thinking they would go rather well with a G&T  ;)

Yorkie:
Mmmm, niiiiice  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version