Pets Gallery

• 1711 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Pets Gallery
« Reply #900 on: July 29, 2011, 15:15 »
And we are trying to wean Bella off sleeping on the back of the sofa, and sitting there to look out of the window! :D

As this pic says, it's not working! As soon as you shift your behind there is a scramble for the warm bit and the lookout position! :D Went to make a coffee. ::)

Carolf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #901 on: July 29, 2011, 16:47 »
My other little lovelies that share our house.  Don't be mislead by the angelic looks - they are serious little brats hehe  All the same age, 2 & a half years old and a handful at times but they are starting to 'grow up.  ;)
DSC01063.JPG
When I was young we used to go 'skinny dipping,' now I just 'chunky dunk.'

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #902 on: July 29, 2011, 16:49 »
No they're gorgeous! And they're not brats, they're terrorists! :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Trillium

« Reply #903 on: July 29, 2011, 17:00 »
Rescue dogs often turn out to be the best. I had a few and they were wonderful friends. After the loss of my beloved lab last month, I've just taken in another rescue dog, Lyra (will definitely change that name as I can never remember it), a black lab/miniature collie mix. I suspect I'm about the 7th home she's had in her 3 years, and what an absolute sweety of a dog. She even pees on command and adores hugs and belly scratches. Very desired traits in any dog  :D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #904 on: July 29, 2011, 17:47 »
Sounds lovely Trillium, and I'm sure she's a very lucky little dog. :D

Junie

« Reply #905 on: August 01, 2011, 22:27 »
My other little lovelies that share our house.  Don't be mislead by the angelic looks - they are serious little brats hehe  All the same age, 2 & a half years old and a handful at times but they are starting to 'grow up.  ;)

One JRT is enough for us!  Your house must be mayhem!!...Do they lead each other on??

They are all very beautiful...

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #906 on: August 01, 2011, 22:49 »
You're right about most rescued dogs, although I 'adopted' a German Shepherd once for Brian, it pooped all over the house, even on the lounge carpet, but when I told Brian I wasn't clearing it up anymore, he made her a bed in the garage, and she never pooped in there at all!

But Pennydog is an angel!  We took her from Brian's Mum's, Best Friends Granddaughter 9 years ago, and never looked back.  she is such a sweetie!

Brian's grandson hated dogs, even Penny because he was frightened by a JRT when he was 2.  This was him FINALLY 2 months ago!  (He's nearly 10 now, same as Penny!)
At last Ellis and Penny! 29may2011 (450 x 253).jpg

Trillium

« Reply #907 on: August 02, 2011, 06:09 »
Aw, that's sweet. Penny looks like such a lamb.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #908 on: August 02, 2011, 07:12 »
Pennydog looks such a lovely girl whenever we see photos of her. She seems to be saying here "I'll be very good because I know this little boy is a bit nervous". :)

Carolf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #909 on: August 02, 2011, 11:22 »

One JRT is enough for us!  Your house must be mayhem!!...Do they lead each other on??

They are all very beautiful...

My house is a bit like a circus at times with the 2 JRT's and the Westie chasing each other - it's worse when it is raining and the don't do their chasing in the garden  :tongue2:
As for leading each other on, they sure do that but I think I have asserted my leadership *cough splutter* and I am (should be :wacko: ) the pack leader - so far so good hehe 
It has been pretty hard going the past couple of years as I was walking them individually, then later I put one jrt and the westie together on a walk then walked the second jrt on his own.  We started (only last week) to walk them all 3 together and so far so good.  Doesn't help they are all the same age but I am told they calm down when they hit 3 (seeing IS believing in this case).
In case you are wondering about why I did separate walks - try taking 3 terrier pups on a walk together and it will be self explanatory  :D
I could regale you with stories the boys have gotten up to in the past but it would be an essay long post  ::)  Needless to say we have had our ups and downs with them but I would not swap them for the world.

On the rescue dog front, we got 2 JRT's from the RSPCA in 1999 when they were 5 years old.  They were brother and sister and they gave us 10 years of pure joy.  I am not sure why we didn't get rescue dogs again other than I really wanted a Westie and they are few and far between in the rescue world. 

If I had my way I would have way too many pets - I am just a big softie when it comes to animals and have a tendency to treat them better than I would most humans (I am probably going to get shot for that comment  :wub: )

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #910 on: August 02, 2011, 11:31 »

If I had my way I would have way too many pets - I am just a big softie when it comes to animals and have a tendency to treat them better than I would most humans (I am probably going to get shot for that comment  :wub: )

Same here....Hubby can get his own brekky but on cold mornings the Boys and I have tea and porridge  :D

It was a while before we could walk both of ours together, Archie would bark at everything because he'd never been walked before and he was very nervous and thought things were just out to get him ...cyclists, wheelie bins, cars, lamp posts, the lot! which would set Trevor off and I felt quite sorry for our neighbours but now they are fine and they both love a good walk but they are both total mud magnets  ::)

Paul Plots

« Reply #911 on: August 05, 2011, 02:05 »
Yesterday, sitting in the small front bedroom we use as an office, I heard the cat just outside the door. But... a few minutes later the door was pushed open and in hopped the rabbit.  :blink:

Quite a surprise as it was supposed to be in the garden. It had wandered in through the conservatory, dining-room, along the hall and up a flight of stairs!!

Carrot time I guess.

Another surprise... it about turned and hopped all the way down and back out again.  :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #912 on: August 05, 2011, 05:40 »
 :lol: :lol: so did you give it a carrot after that little visit?
Staffies are softer than you think.

Paul Plots

« Reply #913 on: August 07, 2011, 00:40 »
:lol: :lol: so did you give it a carrot after that little visit?

Banana.  ;) It'll happily hop into its hutch for even a thin slice.  :happy:

Epona_4

• Experienced Member
« Reply #914 on: August 07, 2011, 10:55 »
i just wondered if you would like to see Mr Elvis again now hes growing like a weed! the third pic is him in curly 'stealth' mode as he prepares to ambush and attack Ralphy as he runs by him....... *sigh, i think he thinks hes invisible, the fact that hes the size of a barn door just doesn't register with him  :D bless him
Copy of IMG00424-20110728-2340.jpg
Copy of IMG00428-20110805-1942.jpg
Copy of IMG00429-20110807-0839.jpg

xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
Pets as therapy

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

49 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 20:35
by janet12000
xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 52 queries.